MousePointer won't change
Author Message
 MousePointer won't change

I would like to change my MousePointer to an hourglass while a process
occurs.  In the Sub, I use MousePointer = 11, but it won't take effect until
the end of the sub!  By then It's time to return it too default, so the net
effect is: no change visible to the user.  What am I doing wrong?

Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MousePointer won't change
Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass
*** process ***
Me.MousePointer = vbDefault

Quote:
> I would like to change my MousePointer to an hourglass while a process
> occurs.  In the Sub, I use MousePointer = 11, but it won't take effect
until
> the end of the sub!  By then It's time to return it too default, so the
net
> effect is: no change visible to the user.  What am I doing wrong?

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MousePointer won't change

Quote:
> I would like to change my MousePointer to an hourglass while a process
> occurs.  In the Sub, I use MousePointer = 11, but it won't take effect
until
> the end of the sub!  By then It's time to return it too default, so the
net
> effect is: no change visible to the user.  What am I doing wrong?

Try this: At the start of the sub put

 Screen.MousePointer=vbHourGlass
 DoEvents

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MousePointer won't change
Thanks, using this method, I was able to get the results I wanted!!!
William Ghen

Quote:

>> I would like to change my MousePointer to an hourglass while a process
>> occurs.  In the Sub, I use MousePointer = 11, but it won't take effect
>until
>> the end of the sub!  By then It's time to return it too default, so the
>net
>> effect is: no change visible to the user.  What am I doing wrong?

>Try this: At the start of the sub put

> Screen.MousePointer=vbHourGlass
> DoEvents

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MousePointer won't change

Quote:

>I would like to change my MousePointer to an hourglass while a process
>occurs.  In the Sub, I use MousePointer = 11, but it won't take effect until
>the end of the sub!  By then It's time to return it too default, so the net
>effect is: no change visible to the user.  What am I doing wrong?

Apparently Windows is not getting a chance to update the screen with the new
cursor before you go into the heavy process.  Try a Form.Refresh statement
after you set the Mousepointer.  If that doesn't work, try a DoEvents.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Change Mousepointer doesn't work

2. Mousepointer doesn't change in DLL

3. Mousepointer can't be changed at app startup

4. MSINET.OCX *still* won't register, and now IE4 won't install

5. form won't update after query changed in VBA

6. Bound datagrid won't commit changes

7. Inherited ComboBox height won't change

8. Datagrid 6.0 won't commit changes to 7.0 SQL Database

9. Caption won't change with Command1 click

10. Art and all that Jazz: you won't cook me changing towards your cheap castle

11. Changing win'95 display setting from VB5

12. Label won't change until end of SUB