.Remove method for ImageList produces error
Author Message
 .Remove method for ImageList produces error

Does anyone have any insight into this behavior ? I have a ListView with 2
ImageLists bound to the ListView (1 for small icons, 1 for large icons). At
runtime I can ImageList.Add things to the ImageList's, but when I try to
ImageList.Remove the same things I get an error "Can't modify ImageList
when bound to another control". The error message says I can't "modify" the
ImageList, although I can .Add things. So, what gives ??
--

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 .Remove method for ImageList produces error

: Does anyone have any insight into this behavior ? I have a ListView with 2
: ImageLists bound to the ListView (1 for small icons, 1 for large icons). At
: runtime I can ImageList.Add things to the ImageList's, but when I try to
: ImageList.Remove the same things I get an error "Can't modify ImageList
: when bound to another control". The error message says I can't "modify" the
: ImageList, although I can .Add things. So, what gives ??

I don't know for certain, but the "modify" probably refers to the image
indices.  Adding an image doesn't change the existing indices since it is
simply appended to the end of the list.  However, removing an item could alter
the indices and mess up the controls that are bound to it.

-Patrick

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4: imagelist.overlay produces wrong color?

2. Remove Interface Methods from class methods

3. Producing HTML with Response.Write method HELP

4. The Print method produces garbage.

5. ImageList Control Problem removing an image

6. Error 405(Method not allowed) error in using webclient.uploadfile method

7. Sample : Remove/change images in bound ImageList

8. ListView - Add/Remove ImageList

9. Removing an ImageList reference from a ListView?

10. ImageList Object, fromfile method

11. Imagelist ExtractIcon Method Compresses Image

12. Windows XP produced errors