24 bit BMP to 8 bit BMP
Author Message
 24 bit BMP to 8 bit BMP

I need to convert a 24 bit BMP to an 8 bit BMP. I can load the 24 bit BMP
into a picturebox and save it (if the display colour depth is set to 256
colours (8 bit)).
Fine.
Well not really the 8 bit image only uses about 64 colours and is thus a
bit crap!
So, is there a better way.
Dying to hear an idea or two.

Many thanks

Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 24 bit BMP to 8 bit BMP

Hi,
Grab the ImagN' Active X image display/print engine.  It handles all of
the palette issues automatically.  Free trial on web site:
http://www.pegasustools.com/
jack
      Jack Berlin - http://www.jpg.com/ - 813-875-7575 x303
          Pegasus Imaging Corp - the BETTER JPEG people!

> I need to convert a 24 bit BMP to an 8 bit BMP. I can load the 24 bit BMP
> into a picturebox and save it (if the display colour depth is set to 256
> colours (8 bit)).
> Fine.
> Well not really the 8 bit image only uses about 64 colours and is thus a
> bit crap!
> So, is there a better way.
> Dying to hear an idea or two.

> Many thanks

Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00 GMT

1. BMP 24-bit to BMP 1-bit converting

2. Convert 16 bit bmp to 24 bit bmp

3. 24-bit bmp to 1-bit conversion

4. bmp 24-bit to 1-bit conversion

5. How to load a 24 bit bmp picture

6. 24 Bit BMP File Structure

7. Reduce BMP to 8 bit from 24

8. How To Convert BMP 24 bit to BMP 8 bit in VB?

9. How To Convert BMP 24 bit to BMP 8 bit in VB?

10. Howto change 24 bit bitmap into 8 bit bitmap in vb

11. Converting 16/24 bit image to 8 bit

12. 24-bit to 8-bit bitmaps