MDI Childs and Menu Bar
Author Message
 MDI Childs and Menu Bar

Is it possible to have a MDI Child form displays it's menu bar in it's
own window? Right now my MDI child menu bar take over the MDI Parent
menu bar... i really want this window to be an MDI Child but i'd like
to have the menu bar displayed in it's window instead of the parent.
Is it possible?

Thanks a lot,
Gabriel Michaud

Tue, 30 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI Childs and Menu Bar

It's not possible with VB. There can be only 1 menu, and it's always on the
MDIForm. But if you define a menu for each MDIChild, it will appear on the
MDIForm whenever you select the window. That is, Menu1 is displayed when
MDIChild1 is activated, Menu2 is displayed when MDIChild2 is activated, ans so
on.

Si tu veux toujours ton menu, essaie le langage C...

Quote:

>Is it possible to have a MDI Child form displays it's menu bar in it's
>own window? Right now my MDI child menu bar take over the MDI Parent
>menu bar... i really want this window to be an MDI Child but i'd like
>to have the menu bar displayed in it's window instead of the parent.
>Is it possible?

>Thanks a lot,
>Gabriel Michaud

Wed, 01 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI Childs and Menu Bar

Quote:

>It's not possible with VB. There can be only 1 menu, and it's always on the
>MDIForm. But if you define a menu for each MDIChild, it will appear on the
>MDIForm whenever you select the window. That is, Menu1 is displayed when
>MDIChild1 is activated, Menu2 is displayed when MDIChild2 is activated, ans so
>on.

>Si tu veux toujours ton menu, essaie le langage C...

Anyway i can do this with API calls or anything? If anyone knows a way
to do this tell me...

Thu, 02 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I know if there are any MDI childs in a MDI parent

2. Menu Bar on MDI Child?

3. Menu bar in MDI child

4. How to float a MDI Menu Bar?

5. How to float a MDI menu bar?

6. VB4 Data Control on MDI supporting Childs?

7. MDI childs maximized problem

8. activating mdi childs via code

9. About multiple Forms MDI childs ????

10. Memory Overflow (error 6) with MDI childs

11. Mdi Childs from DLLs

12. MDI Childs