Recording sound with VB6
Author Message
 Recording sound with VB6

Hi all

Does anyone reading this have any experience of recording audio under VB6?

At the moment I'm doing this using the MMControl within the application, but
the audio quality is poor (despite having a decent sound card). When I use
the sound card with other applications (eg. Cool Edit) the quality is good.

My questions are:

1) Is there a better way of recording audio within a VB6 application than
the MMControl?
2) Does the MMControl have settings for sample rate, buffer size etc. or are
these all taken care of on the sound card?

Many thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Stuart

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:38:52 GMT
 Recording sound with VB6

Quote:
> Hi all

> Does anyone reading this have any experience of recording audio under VB6?

1) Is there a better way of recording audio within a VB6 application than
the MMControl?

Here's a little demo app that shows a way of doing it with the waveInX section
of the Windows Multimedia API.
http://www.constantthought.com/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=displa...
d=57

I've started a class that uses the same technique, but wraps it to make it
easily reusable.  When I get the time and inclination to finish it, I'll post
about it on my messageboard.

Hope that helps.

Murphy McCauley
www.constantthought.com

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:06:04 GMT

1. Sound Controls recording / reversing sounds from within VB

2. Caputure sound from microphone ( connected with sound card )in VB6

3. VB6 ADO and Multiple Records/Single Records

4. How to Play sounds and then move to a new Record withOUT errors

5. sound recording

6. recording sounds

7. Recording Sound Objects

8. Application That Will Record and Play Sound (real-time)

9. Sound Recording using MCI.VBX

10. Help recording sound files as mulaw wav

11. Sound recording

12. Record sound in QBasic....