MCI wav Record How to clear buffer
Author Message
 MCI wav Record How to clear buffer

how do I save multiple sequential wav files.

I have run into a problem with the MCI WaveAudio Record.
I need to record 20 seconds to one file, then 20 seconds to a second file,
and so on, but when I MMControl1.Command="Close"
and then open again it does not clear
the buffer and what I wind up with is a 20 second recording, then
a 40 second recording, then a 60 second recording... each time adding
to the previous recording which I cannot use.
How do I clear the buffer????? I tried Prev/Seek/Flush, I tried
closing and reopening, I tried changing to CDAudio and back to WaveAudio,
I tried the mciSendString("open new Type waveaudio Alias capture"...
trick and it didnt appear to do anything. The time/length related
properties are read only so I cant reset it to the start of the file.

I really need this to work, there must be a way to clear the buffer after a
save, any help would be appreciated.

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:21:00 GMT

1. MCI Wav Recording - Set Buffer Size/Location?

2. Recording wav file with MMControl (MCI)

3. Using the MCI Multimedia to record Wav files

4. MCI Control: Recording and deleting wav file

5. Buffering MCI to memory

6. How can I Clear the Undo Buffer?

7. HOW do I clear the Keyboard Buffer???

8. Clearing the keyboard buffer

9. Clearing Print Buffer

10. clearing the keyboard buffer

11. Winsock - Clearing the buffer when .State=sckClosing

12. Mouse Buffer Clear