Question--Help / VB/Access/Temp files
Author Message
 Question--Help / VB/Access/Temp files

I'm using VB 3.0 to update data in Access and after a day of
data, I clean the data out using the
following code:

Sub DB_Clean (ByVal pvQDate$)

     Set DB_icc = OpenDatabase("c:\pager\DB\Pager.mdb", False,
False)

     DB_icc.BeginTrans
     DB_icc.Execute "Delete * From [Paging_Stats] where PS_Date
<=#" & pvQDate$ & "#"

     DB_icc.CommitTrans
     DB_icc.Close
     Set DB_icc = Nothing
End Sub

But the Jet engine still holds the deleted information in a
temp file. Each day the temp file
grows..The only way I've been able to clean the temp file is by
shutting down the system and
restarting.(Even I know this is a hack.)
The trans lines was an attempt to release the temp file..No
luck..

Please E-mail and suggestions or solutions to

Mon, 27 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q- Temp files / VB / Access

2. ** VB temp file problem, can ANYONE help? **

3. My app makes a temp file in win/temp dir upon execution

4. Path/File Access Error: c:\windows\Temp\*.tmp

5. VB5 - Issue with online help and access to /temp directory

6. NT dropping VB's temp files

7. Dynaset and temp files of VB

8. Temp Files created by VB

9. Error in temp file in running crystal report for .net in vb.net

10. Exporting a report in VB - Temp File

11. VB Temp files in project directory

12. HELP: VB 6 works with Access97 file, not Access 2000 file