Q: How to fire COM events of a predefined interface
Author Message
 Q: How to fire COM events of a predefined interface

I have a pre-defined interface IFooEvents. Various servers supply these
events. At the moment there is one client which happens to be written
in VJ++. I need to write such a server in VB.

OLE View shows me that VB servers do implement
IConnectionPointContainer, but I have no idea how to get IFooEvents'
IID in there, and no idea how to write VB code to raise/fire the
events. The server does not actually implement the interface, it is
just expected to call methods on another object (the client) which
implements the interface after being Advise()d of the client, so the
'Implements' keyword does not seem to be what I want.

I have found references in the help and newsgroups containing code like
"Public Event Bar()" and "Raise Bar", but nothing to tie that to an IID.

Any pointers?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: How to fire COM events of a predefined interface

2. ATL COM Component firing events into VBScript event sink

3. Handling events fired from an ATL COM object in VBScript

4. OCX COM does not fire custom events in Winform

5. Fire event with ByRef param from ATL COM ?!

6. using Event interfaces in activex/com objects

7. Implementing COM Interfaces that have events

8. More on COM Interfaces and Events

9. Control Event Problem (Post Event after an event is fired)

10. click event not firing if lost_focus is firing first

11. handling event from control qs

12. ADO Recordset Events: unable to fill the predefined stub