How to save MS-Mail Attachment (mapi)
Author Message
 How to save MS-Mail Attachment (mapi)

Hi There,

        I'm having some trouble extracting and saving an attachment received
on MS-Mail.  Is it related to adding an attachment for outgoing mail?
I want to be able to do this using the mapi controls... Any ideas??

                                        Thanks...
Paul Thorsteinson
Adaptive Business Consulting

Fri, 14 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save MS-Mail Attachment (mapi)
:       I'm having some trouble extracting and saving an attachment received
: on MS-Mail.  Is it related to adding an attachment for outgoing mail?
: I want to be able to do this using the mapi controls... Any ideas??

I don't have my code in front of me, so I'll just give you a summary...

        Get the attachment path name from the mail message.  ( this is a
standard function which is documented in the VB manuals )

        Rename the attachment to the desired filename, as thus:
                Name [attachment path name] as [new file name]

                        Martin J. Gallagher
                        Information Transport Associates

Wed, 19 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Saving Mail Attachments with MAPI

2. Sending e-mail without attachment using MAPI controls

3. MAPI Message control loses attachments details for Internet E-mail

4. Downloading attachment from MAPI mail message

5. MAPI controls - mail message attachments

6. Extract attachment from mail with MAPI

7. Extract attachment from mail with MAPI

8. HELP : Saving Attachments using MAPI and VB6

9. HELP : Saving Attachments using VB and MAPI

10. How to save a MAPI Attachment

11. Problem: Filename truncation while saving attachments using MAPI

12. MAPI, and _automatically_ saving attachments