Combo box - bug in the change event?
Author Message
 Combo box - bug in the change event?

OK, here is the deal.

I have an array of (128,3), this array is displayed in a text box (0), a combo
box (1) and (2) and a check box (3).

I have a scroll bar that the user can move to cycle through the array and see
the different entries.  The user may make changes to the entries.  When the
user changes the text box, I key on the change event, no problem.

Let's say the user clicks on a combo box, it drops down and they select a
different entry.  Now with out press any other keys they use the scroll bar to
move to the next entry in the array.  Guess What - The combo box change event
does not take place until AFTER the scroll bar change event?

How do I detect a change in a combo box BEFORE other event take place?

Wayne.

Fri, 03 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Combo box - bug in the change event?

Here is the way I see it.

When the user selects an entry in the drop down list, the Click event takes
place, not the Change event.  When the user scrolls to the next entry, you
must have some code that says something like Combo1 =
YourArray(i%).ComboData.  Executing something like that will cause the
Change event to fire, so that is why you are seeing it after the scroll
Change.  You will probably want to add code to the Click event.  You could
even call the Change event (Call Combo1_Change).  So basically, changing
the Text property will fire the Change event.  Changing the Listindex
property will fire the Click event.

Hope that helps,
--
Lance King
BTNA USSEC Atlanta

Quote:
> OK, here is the deal.

> I have an array of (128,3), this array is displayed in a text box (0), a
combo
> box (1) and (2) and a check box (3).

> I have a scroll bar that the user can move to cycle through the array and
see
> the different entries.  The user may make changes to the entries.  When
the
> user changes the text box, I key on the change event, no problem.

> Let's say the user clicks on a combo box, it drops down and they select a
> different entry.  Now with out press any other keys they use the scroll
bar to
> move to the next entry in the array.  Guess What - The combo box change
event
> does not take place until AFTER the scroll bar change event?

> How do I detect a change in a combo box BEFORE other event take place?

> Wayne.

Sat, 04 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB Bug in click event of combo box??

2. Setting Combo box ListIndex initiates Combo box Click event

3. How do I trigger the change event in a combo box

4. Combo Box Change Event

5. Change EVENT and COMBO boxes...HELP

6. How do I trigger the change event in a combo box

7. change event for combo box

8. Change event for Combo box Style = 2?

9. Combo Box Change Event Doesn't Work

10. Change Event on a Combo box????

11. TrueDB Grid Combo box change event not responding

12. Combo Box Change Event.....