Alternative ways of having multiple forms.
Author Message
 Alternative ways of having multiple forms.

Hi!

I am looking for an alternative way of having multiple forms. One way
is to create multiple forms, the other is using tabbed dialog control.
Is there any other way? Thanks for any info.

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Alternative ways of having multiple forms.

Figure out what the entire set of "forms" require in terms of controls.
Create a SINGLE form.
Set up an instance of each control on this SINGLE form.
Create the number of additional instances of each control at runtime.
push the controls around on the form and make them  visible/invisible as
needed.
Kaboom!!! 1 form which looks like however many you need !!!
** Nice to have graph paper handy when you do this !!!
NN

Quote:

>Hi!

>I am looking for an alternative way of having multiple forms. One way
>is to create multiple forms, the other is using tabbed dialog control.
>Is there any other way? Thanks for any info.

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Alternative ways of having multiple forms.

In VB6 you can define your forms in a database and then when you run the
program it will automatically create the forms that are needed.  You don't
even need to create a first instance of the control and make control arrays.
You can define separate names and events and everything for the form from
what is in the database.  I'm not completely sure of how this works or the
set-up, but I say it previewed at a VBITS seminar.

Quote:

>Hi!

>I am looking for an alternative way of having multiple forms. One way
>is to create multiple forms, the other is using tabbed dialog control.
>Is there any other way? Thanks for any info.

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Having multiple forms

2. Having MDI form with MDI Child form in DLL

3. Ways to Make a VB form transparent

4. Having trouble sending multiple emails using outlook object

5. Having multiple libraries.

6. Random access files - having and finding multiple types of record in one file

7. ObjectButton - Having multiple buttons selected

8. HLP : Sending multiple commands to a dos box without having it close

9. Having problem with multiple client winsock control

10. Having problem with multiple client winsock control

11. Alternative to VB6, and open source alternative

12. DDEServer with multiple topics requires multiple forms?