Printer Object and Network Printers - VB3
Author Message
 Printer Object and Network Printers - VB3

I've been trying to use the printer object in VB3 in a situation where the
default printer is a network printer. My conclusion so far is that it
doesn't work - a simple PRINTER.PRINT "hello world" produces "Printer
Error".

Is there a way round this? Am I missing something obvious?

Roger Barker       (Escapee from the 8080 programmers' rest home)
Boston, UK

Sun, 10 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Object and Network Printers - VB3

Quote:

> I've been trying to use the printer object in VB3 in a situation where the
> default printer is a network printer. My conclusion so far is that it
> doesn't work - a simple PRINTER.PRINT "hello world" produces "Printer
> Error".

> Is there a way round this? Am I missing something obvious?

Well, I hate to reply to my own posts, but it seems like no-one else is
going to! This question is still perplexing me! My last posting in .3rdParty
has received a similar response...       :-(

So, do I see no response -

1. Because I ask really stupid questions, (it could well be!) or
2. Because no-one else has ever tried to use VB with a network print (can't
   believe that!) or
3. No-one knows the answer (unlikely) or
4. My news provider has screwed up and my postings never reach the rest of
   the world (possibly!)

Roger Barker       (Escapee from the 8080 programmers' rest home)
Boston, UK

Wed, 13 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Object and Network Printers - VB3

Quote:

>> I've been trying to use the printer object in VB3 in a situation where the
>> default printer is a network printer. My conclusion so far is that it
>> doesn't work - a simple PRINTER.PRINT "hello world" produces "Printer
>> Error".
>Well, I hate to reply to my own posts, but it seems like no-one else is
>going to! This question is still perplexing me! My last posting in .3rdParty
>has received a similar response...       :-(
>1. Because I ask really stupid questions, (it could well be!) or

No, it is not stupid really.

Quote:
>2. Because no-one else has ever tried to use VB with a network print (can't
>   believe that!) or

I've used VB with a network printer with no trouble.

Quote:
>3. No-one knows the answer (unlikely) or

I think you got it.  The only thing I can tell you is to make sure
that you can print from other Win apps.  If you can then I have no
idea what is wrong.  For me, printing on the network has been no
different than printing local.

Quote:
>4. My news provider has screwed up and my postings never reach the rest of
>   the world (possibly!)

It got out.

Bruce

Bruce D. Wedding                        Have Compiler, Will Travel!
Software Demi God
Katy, TX, USA #1

Wed, 13 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printer object can't print to network printer

2. VB3 Printer Object and Networks

3. VB3 and network printers

4. VB3.0 Pro and network printers

5. Help Checking Network Printers (VB3.0)

6. Select Printer from List of Network Printers, How?

7. Printer Object - Getting the available printer information

8. VBA: Printer Object / Printer Collection

9. Printer object and printer fonts

10. bug sending text to printer via printer object

11. printer control object - cannot send Esc character to printer

12. Controlin printer margins when using the Printer.Object