256 Color Icons only 16 colors?
Author Message
 256 Color Icons only 16 colors?

I am loading a 256 Color Icon into a button and it is apearing in
16 colors only.   I have also tried it with a picture box as well with
the same result.   This is on a computer that is configured in
1024x768 with 256 colors.   Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris DiGiacomo

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 256 Color Icons only 16 colors?

Quote:

> I am loading a 256 Color Icon into a button and it is apearing in
> 16 colors only.   I have also tried it with a picture box as well with
> the same result.   This is on a computer that is configured in
> 1024x768 with 256 colors.   Anyone have any ideas?

> Thanks,
> Chris DiGiacomo

No ideas, but would be also interested in the solution/answer ...

Regards

Tobias C. Wilhelm
*           Tobias C. Wilhelm             *
*          CEO / Vice President           *
*    Unicorn Software Development Inc.    *

*            Visit Our Website            *
*       http://www.unicorn-soft.com       *

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 256 Color Icons only 16 colors?

I have had the same experience with 256 color icons in my new game.  Here
is the conclusion I have come up with: Visual Basic 4 or 5 doesn't support
256 color icons, even if your screen settings do.  Plus! with it's
enhanced icon colors doesn't mean a hill of beans to VB either, because VB
is VB and not Plus!.  My solution was to use Microangelo (best icon
program ever) and to capture the pictures I wanted for icons (outside of
VB and with my settigns at 16-bit color) into Microangelo and then save
them as GIF.  Then I used them in the program.

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 256 Color Icons only 16 colors?

I've Had The Same Problem With My Programs When I Switched To VB 5. I Found An
Alternative, The Problem Happend When You Are In The Development Screen -
Coding Or Changing Properties. To Solve The Problem I Used Picture Objects To
Store The Icons, Next, When A Form Starts, It Loads The Icons From The Picture
Objects to The Buttons. - It Works !! - The Problem Did Not Exist When I Was
Using Vb 4.0.

image.picture = icon (select the icon)

On Form Initalize:
Button.picture = image.picture      etc.

Quote:

>I am loading a 256 Color Icon into a button and it is apearing in
>16 colors only.   I have also tried it with a picture box as well with
>the same result.   This is on a computer that is configured in
>1024x768 with 256 colors.   Anyone have any ideas?

>Thanks,
>Chris DiGiacomo

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color

2. Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color

3. 256 or 16 color

4. Determine Color Mode (16, 256, 16k) of Windows

5. HELP - detecting if windows in 256 or 16-bit color modes

6. 256 or 16 color

7. 256 vs. 16 color systems

8. Saving 16/256 color bitmaps

9. Determine Color Mode (16, 256, 16k) of Windows

10. 256 to 16 colors conversion

11. Using 256 color Palettes in High/True Color

12. choose a color in a 256 color palette ?