Autonumber generate error while inserting record
Author Message
 Autonumber generate error while inserting record

Hi
   I am trying insert into an Access 2000 table that has a primary key
that is of type Autonumber (no duplicates) and sometimes it gives an
error saying
cannot generate duplicate value. I am doing this from my VB program.
It has an insert statement like

insert into products (price, date) values (10, '11/01/01')

Could someone advice me why this is happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Wed, 12 May 2004 05:32:49 GMT

1. Autonumber generate error while inserting record

2. Inserting new records with autonumber fld

3. How do I get the AutoNumber (or Identity) for a newly inserted record (from able-consulting)

4. Insert into generates intersolv error

5. Code For Generating Different Type of Autonumber

6. Generating an Autonumber field

7. generate multiple records from 1 record

8. Inserting a record, error message appears.

9. Trap error when inserting a record

10. INSERTING NEW RECORD RAISES ERROR

11. INSERTING NEW RECORD RAISES ERROR

12. Access Database, INSERTING a record raises an error