runtime error 438?
Author Message
 runtime error 438?

What exactly does a runtime error 438 in VB mean?  I'm
not sure how I go about finding out this information
in VB itself so I'm posting this message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Tue, 11 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 runtime error 438?

Quote:

>What exactly does a runtime error 438 in VB mean?  I'm
>not sure how I go about finding out this information
>in VB itself so I'm posting this message.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Jason

Hello Jason,

In the VB help file, under Trappable Errors | OLE Automation Messages

Not all objects support all properties and methods.  This error has
the following cause and solution:

You specified a method or property that does not exist for this OLE
automation object.

See the object's documentation for more information on the object and
check the spellings of properties and methods.

Unquote

I cannot add anything to this except you can use the object browser to
see what properties and methods are exposed by the object.

        Hope this helps

         Alan Davis, Southampton, England

Wed, 12 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Runtime error 438

2. Runtime Error 438 - What does this mean?

3. **** Runtime Error 438

4. Runtime error 438

5. Activex Runtime Error: 438

6. Runtime error #438

7. Runtime Error 438 when using VS2005 C++ATL control with VB6 form

8. DoCmd GoToControl... "Runtime Error 438"

9. Runtime Script error 438

10. Runtime 438 object dosenot support this property or method

11. Run-Time Error '438'

12. Need help with error 438!!!