How can I pass NULL value to WinAPI which is expecting a NULL pointer
Author Message
 How can I pass NULL value to WinAPI which is expecting a NULL pointer

How can I pass NULL value to WinAPI which is expecting a NULL pointer?

Thanks.

Sat, 09 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I pass NULL value to WinAPI which is expecting a NULL pointer

:How can I pass NULL value to WinAPI which is expecting a NULL pointer?

:Thanks.

For Win16 pass a short 0, for W95 pass a long 0:

Dim Null16 As Integer
Dim Null32 As Long
ApiCall16(..., Null16, ...)
ApiCall32(..., Null32, ...)

Really thogh, I think it takes care of conversions from Long to
Integer by itself, as long as you specify the right one during
Declare. So instead of Null16, or Null32 just send a 0.

Dan Akselrod
------------

http://menger.eecs.stevens-tech.edu/~danax

Sat, 09 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing NULL where a BSTR is expected

2. Passing NULL where a BSTR is expected

3. Sending null strings and NULL values

4. Pass NULL-pointer to external function

5. Null Values - WHY am I getting this error?

6. Passing a Null pointer to a function in VB

7. HELP : Passing NULL pointers to Windows DLL

8. Passing a Null pointer to a C DLL

9. How to pass null pointers in VB?

10. How to pass NULL for interface pointer parameter?

11. Passing NULL pointers

12. Passing ByRef NULL pointer to a DLL?