VB6: supporting documentation for Webbrowser control?
Author Message
 VB6: supporting documentation for Webbrowser control?

Hi All,

I want to use a Webbrowser contro in my VB project but I can' find any
documentation on the MSDN CDs and haven't had any luck from searching
the MSDN site.

In particular, I want to be able to download a page with links to file
resources, programattically collate the names and locations of the
resources (text files, images, pdf files etc), then launch a series of
browsers in the background of the project to automatically download
and save the file resources.

Can anyone point me at any on-line documentation for the webbrowser
control / VB?

Any help immensely appreciated!

Regards and best wishes,

Redman Lucas Wells
Urban Legends Research Centre
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:42:57 GMT
 VB6: supporting documentation for Webbrowser control?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VB6: supporting documentation for Webbrowser control?
    I've never found a full, clear list of webBrowser ops but you can piece
most of it together from a combination of the Object Browser listings and
the IE object model.
   Several of the VBScript books around have a listing of the IE object
model.
Quote:

>Hi All,

>I want to use a Webbrowser contro in my VB project but I can' find any
>documentation on the MSDN CDs and haven't had any luck from searching
>the MSDN site.

>In particular, I want to be able to download a page with links to file
>resources, programattically collate the names and locations of the
>resources (text files, images, pdf files etc), then launch a series of
>browsers in the background of the project to automatically download
>and save the file resources.

>Can anyone point me at any on-line documentation for the webbrowser
>control / VB?

>Any help immensely appreciated!

>Regards and best wishes,

>Redman Lucas Wells
>Urban Legends Research Centre
>http://www.ulrc.com.au

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:58:56 GMT
 VB6: supporting documentation for Webbrowser control?

Quote:
> In particular, I want to be able to download a page with links to file
> resources, programattically collate the names and locations of the
> resources (text files, images, pdf files etc), then launch a series of
> browsers in the background of the project to automatically download
> and save the file resources.

Drop the WebBrowser altogether and use this code to download URLs
and files from the Internet.

Regards, Otser.

*** DECLARATIONS IN .BAS MODULE:

' Download a file from the Internet (without ANY controls!)
Public hOpen As Long, hOpenUrl As Long, bRet As Boolean
Public iBuffer As String * 2048, bytesread As Long, bDoLoop As Boolean
Public Declare Function InternetOpen Lib "wininet" Alias "InternetOpenA" _
(ByVal sAgent As String, ByVal lAccessType As Long, ByVal sProxyName As
String, _
ByVal sProxyBypass As String, ByVal lFlags As Long) As Long
Public Declare Function InternetOpenUrl Lib "wininet" Alias
"InternetOpenUrlA" _
(ByVal hOpen As Long, ByVal sURL As String, ByVal sHeaders As String, _
ByVal lLength As Long, ByVal lFlags As Long, ByVal lContext As Long) As Long
Public Declare Function InternetReadFile Lib "wininet" _
(ByVal hFile As Long, ByVal tmp As String, ByVal lNumBytesToRead As Long, _
bytesread As Long) As Integer
Public Declare Function InternetCloseHandle Lib "wininet" _
(ByVal hInet As Long) As Integer

*** USAGE IN A FORM:

Dim url As String, filedata As String
url = "http://www.bowlay.com/index.html"

hOpen = InternetOpen("VB OpenUrl", 0, vbNullString, vbNullString, 0)
hOpenUrl = InternetOpenUrl(hOpen, url, vbNullString, 0, &H80000000, 0)
bDoLoop = True
While bDoLoop
    iBuffer = vbNullString
    bRet = InternetReadFile(hOpenUrl, iBuffer, Len(iBuffer), bytesread)
    filedata = filedata & Left(iBuffer, bytesread)
    If Not CBool(bytesread) Then bDoLoop = False
Wend
If hOpenUrl <> 0 Then InternetCloseHandle (hOpenUrl)
If hOpen <> 0 Then InternetCloseHandle (hOpen)

MsgBox filedata

' To save to disk (add required extension):
Open "c:\file" For Binary Access Write As #1
    Put #1, , filedata
Close #1

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:04:29 GMT

1. VB6 : WebBrowser Control : Disablign JavaScript support

2. WebBrowser without WebBrowser Control in VB6 ?

3. WebBrowser control documentation

4. WebBrowser Control Documentation Source?

5. Documentation for webbrowser control?

6. Documentation on WebBrowser control?

7. Unable to print WebBrowser control as shown at MS support site

8. Does webbrowser control support https?

9. Does the webbrowser control support https?

10. WebBrowser control on VB6 control???

11. XML Documentation feature in supported in VB.NET?

12. Need documentation support for VB 5