MDI and updating non-visible forms 
Author Message
 MDI and updating non-visible forms

Hey,

Been fooling with MDI forms and noticed that when I update a child
form's control (i.e. a label's caption field) the form with this
control will load, even it not yet previousely loaded. I was wondering
if there was a way to pass data to a child form and not have it load.

I have set visible=false after updating many of my child forms and
this solves the basic issues in my test app, but I was hoping there
was a better way.

Thanks.



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:21:28 GMT  
 MDI and updating non-visible forms

Quote:

> Been fooling with MDI forms and noticed that when I update a child
> form's control (i.e. a label's caption field) the form with this
> control will load, even it not yet previousely loaded. I was wondering
> if there was a way to pass data to a child form and not have it load.

You can't change an unloaded form, and any changes made to a form at run
time will be lost when you unload it. Better in most cases to have it loaded
but not visible and display it when needed.

Eq.

--

Equinox Tetrachloride
www.cl4.org - www.insecurities.org



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:18:47 GMT  
 MDI and updating non-visible forms
Unfortunately loading the forms and then setting visible=false causes
the form to still be visible for a sec, which doesn't look right. Is
there no alternative?
Quote:

>> Been fooling with MDI forms and noticed that when I update a child
>> form's control (i.e. a label's caption field) the form with this
>> control will load, even it not yet previousely loaded. I was wondering
>> if there was a way to pass data to a child form and not have it load.

>You can't change an unloaded form, and any changes made to a form at run
>time will be lost when you unload it. Better in most cases to have it loaded
>but not visible and display it when needed.

>Eq.



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:35:21 GMT  
 MDI and updating non-visible forms

Quote:

>Unfortunately loading the forms and then setting visible=false causes
>the form to still be visible for a sec, which doesn't look right. Is
>there no alternative?

Have you tried putting them off screen ?

Regards, Frank



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:43:01 GMT  
 MDI and updating non-visible forms
Interesting idea.

I was also thinking about having them auto minimize in the parent
window, but don't know yet.

Quote:

>>Unfortunately loading the forms and then setting visible=false causes
>>the form to still be visible for a sec, which doesn't look right. Is
>>there no alternative?

>Have you tried putting them off screen ?

>Regards, Frank



Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:17:14 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form

2. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

3. Non-MDI form to MDI form

4. Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

5. MDI Form vs Non-MDI form

6. Non MDI child forms cause MDI application to lose focus

7. MDI .vs. Non-MDI Form

8. Child form in non MDI form

9. Controls on a non-visible form?

10. MDI form visible

11. MDI Child Form not visible

12. How do I update a MDI form and its child forms using API

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software