MSComm handshaking?
Author Message
 MSComm handshaking?

I am using the MSComm control with VB4 Pro, writing a small app which
transmits files to a *VERY* dense serial device. The other end supports
software handshaking well, and works in manual tests transmitting data
with a terminal program.

My problem comes in using my app, which does not respect the XON/XOFF
handshaking, causing lost data. I have the Handshaking property set on
the MSComm control, but further reading of the on-line help indicates
that the property only works for incoming data.

Is this the case? I can attempt more manual control of hardware
handshaking instead, but that would involve reconfiguring devices which
are several hundred km away. Naturally, I'd rather just change the
program here.

        Thanks,
        Tim Lavoie

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSComm handshaking trouble

2. MSCOMM handshaking problem!

3. help - how do I implement XonXoff Handshaking with MSComm

4. Handshaking and MSCOMM.VBX

5. MsComm Control for Using Xon/Xoff HandShaking

6. Serial Port Handshaking

7. Handshaking With Serial Ports In Mac QuickBASIC

8. Help needed for RS232 ENQ/ACK handshaking

9. HOW to handshaking two modem's

10. Software Handshaking

11. Q: MS Internet Control Pack - TCP Handshaking

12. Can MSCOMM32 handle RTS handshaking at 115K ???