Window Handle based on Instance Handle???
Author Message
 Window Handle based on Instance Handle???

I'm working on a  application in VB5 Pro which is required to shell a
variety of applications. I then need to manipulate the windows created
from within my VB application (probably using API calls).

The problem is the Shell fuicntion returns an Instance handle and I
need the Window handle to be able to manipulate the windows. Searching
the MS KB I found articule Q127030 which describes how to do this in
VB2 & 3. I've tried my best to alter it to work with VB 5 and just
can't do it.

Any suggestions? Help appreciated as is code samples. Please reply to
me privately or this newsgroup.

Thanks,

Zoe

P.S. I am going out to buy Dan Applemans book right now - you all seem
to reckon its great so I'm going to fork out the fifty quid.

Remove the nospam to mail me.
Visit my page at: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pingu/zo1.htm

Sun, 05 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Window Handle based on Instance Handle???

Just to say I sorted this out myself after purchasing Dan's book. I
highly recommend EVERYONE buys it - at least those who intend to use
API calls!!!

And of course all you topnotch programmers will have realised I should
have written Process instead of instance.....ah well....

Zoe

Quote:

>I'm working on a  application in VB5 Pro which is required to shell a
>variety of applications. I then need to manipulate the windows created
>from within my VB application (probably using API calls).

>The problem is the Shell fuicntion returns an Instance handle and I
>need the Window handle to be able to manipulate the windows. Searching
>the MS KB I found articule Q127030 which describes how to do this in
>VB2 & 3. I've tried my best to alter it to work with VB 5 and just
>can't do it.

>Any suggestions? Help appreciated as is code samples. Please reply to
>me privately or this newsgroup.

>Thanks,

>Zoe

>P.S. I am going out to buy Dan Applemans book right now - you all seem
>to reckon its great so I'm going to fork out the fifty quid.

>Remove the nospam to mail me.
>Visit my page at: http://www.ifb.co.uk/~pingu/zo1.htm

Sun, 05 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to Find a Window Handle Based on an Instance Handle

2. How to Find a Window Handle Based on an Instance Handle

3. Window handle form an Instance?

4. Getting Window handle with Shell Instance; GetWindowWord problem

5. need to convert shell instance id to window handle

6. How to get Instance Handle (Task ID) from Window Handle?

7. How to get Instance Handle (Task ID) from Window Handle?

8. Handles (as in hWnd) and instances

9. handle a excel/word instance in a class module

10. problem w/class handling events of form instances..

11. ShellExecute Instance Handle?

12. handle a excel/word instance in a class module