How to store passwords encrypted in file?
Author Message
 How to store passwords encrypted in file?

Hello,

the TextBox of VB may be used for the input of a password too. There is an
option to hide the passwort on the screen while it is typed.
The given password and the existing password may be compared easily just
like comparing two numbers, just compare the string-variables.

But the existing password should not be stored in a file without encryption.
Are there any tools for encryption of passwords and the control of a list
of users, passwords, acess rights?

Thanks a lot for any help,

By

Uwe Hercksen

Fri, 11 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to store passwords encrypted in file?

for really simple but still effective encrypt the password yourself
prior to writing it to the ini file

use a fixed number and apply this to the ascii value of each of the
characters. Remember prior to comparison de-crypt using the opposite
of the encryption

Fri, 11 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to store passwords encrypted in file?
See http://www.bokler.com for encryption tools: DEScipher/VBX & /OCX,
and HASHcipher.

James Moore

Quote:

>Hello,

>the TextBox of VB may be used for the input of a password too. There is an
>option to hide the passwort on the screen while it is typed.
>The given password and the existing password may be compared easily just
>like comparing two numbers, just compare the string-variables.

>But the existing password should not be stored in a file without encryption.
>Are there any tools for encryption of passwords and the control of a list
>of users, passwords, acess rights?

>Thanks a lot for any help,

>By

>Uwe Hercksen

Sun, 13 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to store passwords encrypted in file?

Quote:

>for really simple but still effective encrypt the password yourself
>prior to writing it to the ini file
>use a fixed number and apply this to the ascii value of each of the
>characters. Remember prior to comparison de-crypt using the opposite
>of the encryption

This would take all of a minute to crack.

Cheers,
Damien

Are you a shareware programmer? E-mail me for info on
something I'm writing to make your life a lot easier!!!
=== "http://204.101.50.93/students/damien/dmhome.htm" ===

Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. encrypting and storing usernames/passwords

2. encrypting and storing usernames/passwords

3. Encrypting Password into files

4. Save Password in registry (encrypted)

5. Encrypting Passwords

6. Problem in Encrypting password in Oracle Database using VB

7. CODE: PWD.BAS -- Encrypted password protection

8. Accessing Paradox table that is password encrypted

9. Help with Encrypting password in database

10. Saving encrypted passwords to a database

11. Needed a function that encrypt/decrypt a password.

12. Encrypting a password