Transparent AVI (VBX/DLL).
Author Message
 Transparent AVI (VBX/DLL).

Quote:

>Does anyone know of any 3rd Party Dll or VBX that will allow an
>AVI to play over any background with transparency (i.e., A blue
>screen effect where you see your subject, but not the subjects
> background).

I'm willing to bet that you won't find such an animal as a vbx or otherwise.
I don't think it's technically possible. You certainly can produce the effect
in an AVI using Premiere or Digital video producer.

Elijah.

Tue, 05 Aug 1997 11:38:00 GMT
 Transparent AVI (VBX/DLL).

Quote:

> >Does anyone know of any 3rd Party Dll or VBX that will allow an
> >AVI to play over any background with transparency (i.e., A blue
> >screen effect where you see your subject, but not the subjects
> > background).

> I'm willing to bet that you won't find such an animal as a vbx or otherwise.
> I don't think it's technically possible. You certainly can produce the effect
> in an AVI using Premiere or Digital video producer.

Actually, Microsoft has a new API call WinTOON.  Look in the
d:/developr/drg/Multimedia/WinToon directory on ftp.microsoft.com.  It's about
1.3 Meg total and doesn't give you any tools to actually create the images, but
once you have an AVI, you can "blue-screen" it on to any background.  I think
that you will also need WinG and Video for Windows for it to run.

Hope that helps.
--
"Being self-employed, the opinions above DO
reflect those of my employer.  Deal with it!

Thu, 07 Aug 1997 04:35:43 GMT

1. Transparent .avi Question

2. Scrolling transparent bmp over running AVI

3. Transparent AVI?

4. DESPARATE: Transparent Background for an AVI

5. Playing an avi-file with a transparent background

6. Transparent color - - AVI in Picturebox

7. Transparent AVI

8. Transparent Avi's

9. help needed vbx for video *.avi

10. Is there an AVI Viewer VBX?

11. need vbx that plays avi's please E-mail

12. Q: MPEG-AVI-MOV-WAV VBX/OCX ???