VB 3.0 help: adjusting control size to screen resolution
Author Message
 VB 3.0 help: adjusting control size to screen resolution

Hi!
Is it possible to adjust the size of all the controls in a project to the
resolution of the screen. I usually desgin with 800*600 resolution but
when I install my programs in other computers with less resolution they
don't work right.
I've tried some API calls to get that resolution and then changed the
Width and Length of all the objects (at Load event) but it doesn't work
with Combo boxes. Is there any other method? (Visual Basic 3.0)
Thank you all. :)

Sat, 28 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 3.0 help: adjusting control size to screen resolution

Quote:
>Hi!
>Is it possible to adjust the size of all the controls in a project to the
>resolution of the screen. I usually desgin with 800*600 resolution but
>when I install my programs in other computers with less resolution they
>don't work right.
>I've tried some API calls to get that resolution and then changed the
>Width and Length of all the objects (at Load event) but it doesn't work
>with Combo boxes. Is there any other method? (Visual Basic 3.0)
>Thank you all. :)

A couple of options here:

1) Get RESIZE.VBX, it will automatically resize your controls when the
form is resized.

2) There is a routine lurking somewhere on the web, I had it but can't
find it off-hand, to use in your app. You specify a constant that
relates to the development environment resolution(800 X 600) in your
case. Then at run-time, you get the users resolution and do some
computation on the difference to support multiple resolutions. Sorry,
I can't give you any more than that. Maybe search the KB for
"Dynamically resizing forms"....

Ed

**  Southern Indiana Bass Fishing / Outdoor Software  **
**    HTTP://www.evansville.net/~dlion/mypage.htm    **

Sun, 29 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 3.0 help: adjusting control size to screen resolution

Quote:

> Hi!
> Is it possible to adjust the size of all the controls in a project to the
> resolution of the screen. I usually desgin with 800*600 resolution but
> when I install my programs in other computers with less resolution they
> don't work right.
> I've tried some API calls to get that resolution and then changed the
> Width and Length of all the objects (at Load event) but it doesn't work
> with Combo boxes. Is there any other method? (Visual Basic 3.0)
> Thank you all. :)

The Visual Basic Programmer's Journal Buyer's Guide for Spring/Summer
'96 has an article in the letters column on exactly this topic - pg. 6.
The date on the front of the magazine says display until July 16, so you
might be able to still buy it.  You might also try the magazine's web
pages - I looked but couldn't find this article.
The code is a little lengthy for me to type in, but if you can't find it
in stores or online, then post again and I will give it a shot.

--
Jeremy Furtek
Raytheon Co.

Sun, 29 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 3.0 help: adjusting control size to screen resolution

Quote:

>Hi!
>Is it possible to adjust the size of all the controls in a project to the
>resolution of the screen. I usually desgin with 800*600 resolution but
>when I install my programs in other computers with less resolution they
>don't work right.

some controls have minimum sizes, combo is one

Mon, 30 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 3.0 help: adjusting control size to screen resolution

Quote:

>>Hi!
>>Is it possible to adjust the size of all the controls in a project to the
>>resolution of the screen. I usually desgin with 800*600 resolution but
>>when I install my programs in other computers with less resolution they
>>don't work right.
>>I've tried some API calls to get that resolution and then changed the
>>Width and Length of all the objects (at Load event) but it doesn't work
>>with Combo boxes. Is there any other method? (Visual Basic 3.0)
>>Thank you all. :)

You can try my Form & Control Sizer VBX. You'll find it at my home
page.
Best regards, Michel

============
Name: Michel Lombart

Web Page: http://www.wp.com/SaintRochTree
Saint Roch Tree Softwares
Sharewares - Visual Basic tools
============

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to adjust control sizes and dimensions to suit different screen resolutions

2. VB3 help: adjusting control size to screen definition

3. Adjusting forms / controls for different screen resolutions.

4. Adjusting controls to different screen-resolutions

5. Adjusting controls to different screen-resolutions

6. Adjusting VB for different screen resolutions

7. Adjust to screen resolution

8. problem adjusting screen resolution

9. Screen resolution auto adjusting?

10. Adjust forms to users' screen resolution

11. Adjusting for Screen Resolutions

12. API to return screen size, resolutions, and font size