Can't print symbol true type fonts.
Author Message
 Can't print symbol true type fonts.

OK, I will try it with a different subject.  I didn't get any responses
on my first message.
Here goes............

I have been using the symbol font to print a large left parenthesis on a

printer object for several years with no problems.  The printer is an HP

Deskjet 855C.  I recently got a new computer and kept the same printer.
Now the character that I am printing does not completely print.  It
looks like it is printing a border around each character printed.  If I
don't change the currenty position, it prints fine.  But I don't want
any gaps between the characters and I change the currenty position by
-10 to -20 twips depending on the position.

The following code works, but leaves gaps between the characters printed

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Printer.FontName = "Symbol"
    Printer.FontSize = 32
    Printer.CurrentX = 100
    Printer.Print Chr(230)
    Printer.Print Chr(231)
    Printer.Print Chr(237)
    Printer.Print Chr(231)
    Printer.Print Chr(232)
    Printer.EndDoc
    End
End Sub

so I move the CurrentY up a little to remove the gaps.
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Printer.FontName = "Symbol"
    Printer.FontSize = 32
    Printer.CurrentX = 100
    Printer.Print Chr(230)
    Printer.CurrentY = Printer.CurrentY - 10
    Printer.Print Chr(231)
    Printer.CurrentY = Printer.CurrentY - 10
    Printer.Print Chr(237)
    Printer.CurrentY = Printer.CurrentY - 10
    Printer.Print Chr(231)
    Printer.CurrentY = Printer.CurrentY - 10
    Printer.Print Chr(232)
    Printer.EndDoc
    End
End Sub

The last Print statement (Printer.Print Chr(232)) prints the full
character and all the previous characters are cut off.
I've tried changing settings on the printer and the Printer Object to no

avail.
Could it be a newer printer driver?  Anybody got any ideas?

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: VB4: Print Method: How use true type fonts when printing to Laser Printers

2. How to view/print fonts true type?

3. Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?

4. Problem with printing true-type fonts with VB4.0

5. GDI - Text Bounding Box - True Type Fonts

6. Accessing special characters in True Type fonts

7. Installing True Type Fonts

8. How to install True Type Fonts In Win 3.1 with VB3

9. HOW CAN I VIEW A FONT FILE (TRUE TYPE)

10. DOS FONTS TO TRUE TYPE

11. VIEW A TTF FILE (True Type Font) with VB 3/4/5

12. Distributing True Type Fonts?