Screen effects: fades, wipes, dissolves etc
Author Message
 Screen effects: fades, wipes, dissolves etc

Hi all,
has anyone any suggestions as to whether it is
possible within VB (when displaying successive
bitmaps) to smooth the transition by using
fades, dissolves and similar effects rather
than the straightforward and abrupt switch
from one to the next ?

Example: one of our demo programs displays
a sequence of full-screen bitmaps, one after
the other. Presently these are simply paged.
It would be nice if the switch was via a fade,
dissolve, tile etc. I'm after the sort of
facilities that are supported by most
authoring packages.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas,
suggestions etc.

Cheers,
   Andy.

Fri, 30 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen effects: fades, wipes, dissolves etc

Quote:

>Hi all,
>has anyone any suggestions as to whether it is
>possible within VB (when displaying successive
>bitmaps) to smooth the transition by using
>fades, dissolves and similar effects rather
>than the straightforward and abrupt switch
>from one to the next ?

Check out a book titled "Visual Basic Power ToolKit", just what you're
looking for!!!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Rat Loaf       Rat Loaf       Rat Loaf
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
1. The world's one and only stainless
steel {*filter*} "REAL MAN {*filter*}"

=====================================
    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ratloaf
=====================================

Sat, 31 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dissolve, fade, wipe between screens??

2. Fade-in, Fade-out effect

3. create a fade effect or any other effect like morph between two open forms

4. Is there a dissolve or fade command?

5. Display picture with a dissolve effect...

6. REQ: Info on image fades/wipes

7. Fades-wipes-transitions?

8. ScreenSaver effects (slide, wipe, blind, bias)

9. Presentation Controls for VB (dissolve etc)

10. On Exit Wipes, etc

11. Fade Out Opacity Effect

12. Fade effect in text mode...