Creating shortcuts (*.lnk) to another folder
Author Message
 Creating shortcuts (*.lnk) to another folder

Hi,

Using VB 6.0 on NT4.0

Is it possible to programatically create shortcut files (*.lnk) within
VB6.0 to another folder on the filesystem; i.e. I want something similar
to the MkDir function but for shortcuts; ideally passing the name of the
shortcut file and its mapped folder as parameters.

e.g. I have a folder C:\FOLDER1 and I want to create a shortcut,
C:\SHORTCUT.LNK which when referenced picks up all the objects in
C:\FOLDER1.

I've searched the archives, but can only find references to
"fCreateShellLink Lin SKIT432.DLL" for earlier versions.

Thank you

Andrew Tindle

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 18:12:46 GMT

1. Creating a shortcut (.lnk) programmatically in .NET

2. Creating LNK files (shortcuts)

3. pls help: Creating shortcuts ( LNK ) in VB 4

4. Creating Shortcuts(.lnk's) from VB4

5. VB6: creating Shortcut (lnk) using Shelllnk (from unsupported)

6. Create a Shortcut ( lnk )

7. How to Create Shortcuts (.lnk)?

8. Creating application shortcuts (*.lnk)

9. Creating Shortcut (.lnk) files...? (VB5, Win95)

10. Creating Outlook shortcut to public folder via VB/VBA

11. Creating Outlook shortcut to public folder via VB/VBA

12. Creating shortcuts to folders