How to read the hard drives drive no.
Author Message
 How to read the hard drives drive no.

Hello!

Sorry, I don't now how to call it in english, but I need to read the hard
drives drive no. (e.g. 321B-1C07 as stated in the DOS command DIR) from
Visual Basic 3.0 Standard.
I'd like to use this no. to protect a software project I'm working on.

I think that there's a way to get it by using any API-call, but I don't now
how that one is named or declared.

Could anyone please post the declaration?

Many thanks, Torsten

P.S: There's also another hint: that code must be working within VB3St and
VB5prof...
--

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to read the hard drives drive no.

VBIO.VBX is freeware and very usefull!
search on apexc... .com (?)

Torsten Hellmonds heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>Hello!

>Sorry, I don't now how to call it in english, but I need to read the hard
>drives drive no. (e.g. 321B-1C07 as stated in the DOS command DIR) from
>Visual Basic 3.0 Standard.
>I'd like to use this no. to protect a software project I'm working on.

>I think that there's a way to get it by using any API-call, but I don't now
>how that one is named or declared.

>Could anyone please post the declaration?

>Many thanks, Torsten

>P.S: There's also another hint: that code must be working within VB3St and
>VB5prof...
>--

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Insert records from a database in floppy drive to hard drive

2. Hard Drive Serial Number/Total Drive Size

3. Reading the Hard Drives Serial Number

4. Help needed reading database on CD and writing to database on hard drive

5. Reading the hard drive's serial number

6. how to read, write and create files on a hard drive

7. Reading the hard drive volume

8. Read Hard Drive Boot Record From VB

9. Read Hard Drive Boot Record From VB

10. Reading Drive Settings (BIOS or Drive List Box)

11. hard drive serial number

12. Deleting file on hard drive