LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF NOW--this has gone on long enough
Author Message
 LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF NOW--this has gone on long enough

Now, when i posted that message earlier about does anyobody
help anyone here, i was a bit flustered because of lack of help
for a couple of days on an irc chat room.  they were plain ignoring
me.  but that is another story.  so, me not being in a good mood,
i posted that little message.  but nobody seemed to notice it
was more of a question, than an outburst.  no one seemed to
notice the smiley face either, wich means i am in control of
myself.  Now, since no one can guess that i was having a very
bad day, i deserved every bit of scrutiny.  BUT...I do not deserve
to be flamed and sweared at.  Notice one thing, i don't swear at
somebody else.  I had to refrain myslelf from getting very very ticked
off.  Only one person had the curtisy not to swear at me, and
somewhat explain some things in a rational way.  And let me clear
one more thing up.  I am only new to vb programming, so don't anyone
give me a lecture on anything having to do with the internet, please :)

And i may be a newbie to vb, but i read my brains out and try to learn it.  And
knowone can take that accomplishment away from me by calling me a newbie.
At least i had the will to start.  everyone begins somewhere.

thank you, and i hope this clears up some things.  I am not a bad person.
(REALLY)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ps(now, if anyone can't understand these smiley faces, then you are beyond hope)

Sun, 08 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF NOW--this has gone on long enough

Quote:

>Now, when i posted that message earlier about does anyobody
>help anyone here, i was a bit flustered because of lack of help

Please do not follow up on flames with flames, or else you will lose
credibility. The flame was probably deserved,  but even if it wasn't,
your screaming headline belies all your words.

Swallow your pride, learn the lesson, and let us get on with the
business of helping each other, if we can, when we can.

----
Michel Marinier

Mon, 09 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF NOW--this has gone on long enough

Quote:

>Now, when i posted that message earlier about does anyobody
>help anyone here, i was a bit flustered because of lack of help
>for a couple of days on an irc chat room.  they were plain ignoring
>me.

Do you blame them, with an apparant attitude like yours?

Quote:
>but that is another story.  so, me not being in a good mood,
>i posted that little message.  but nobody seemed to notice it
>was more of a question, than an outburst.  no one seemed to
>notice the smiley face either, wich means i am in control of
>myself.

When you kick someone in the balls, it doesn't matter if you smile or
not - It still {*filter*}y well hurts!

Quote:
>Now, since no one can guess that i was having a very
>bad day, i deserved every bit of scrutiny.  BUT...I do not deserve
>to be flamed and sweared at.

As a Christian, I take very strong objection and a personal insult on
the very first blasfamous word of your posting.

Quote:
> Notice one thing, i don't swear at
>somebody else.

"Do not take the My name in vane" - Holy Bible.

Quote:
> I had to refrain myslelf from getting very very ticked
>off.  Only one person had the curtisy not to swear at me, and
>somewhat explain some things in a rational way.  And let me clear
>one more thing up.  I am only new to vb programming, so don't anyone
>give me a lecture on anything having to do with the internet, please :)

In that case, you should have  known  better!

Quote:
>And i may be a newbie to vb, but i read my brains out and try to learn it.  And
>knowone can take that accomplishment away from me by calling me a newbie.
>At least i had the will to start.  everyone begins somewhere.
>thank you, and i hope this clears up some things.  I am not a bad person.
>(REALLY)
>:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
>ps(now, if anyone can't understand these smiley faces, then you are beyond hope)

BTW: consider yourself lucky  if you expect your answer within 4
hours. Sometimes i have to wait a couple of DAYS before seing my
postings echoed back, let alone a reply - I wait at least a week (and
often I have found or created the code that I was stuck on)

I have received some splendid help and advice from this group.

It is a source of a Knowledge Base that has yet to be surpassed!

I know that you are not a newbie now, but I will give you some newbie
advice.: Shut up. Keep your head down and let the flack die down.
Don't exassabate things.  Pop up later when we have all forgotten the
incident, or when we have had a go at someone else.

Besides, you were fair game

Respects are returning....

Donald Gray
Free Agent V1.0 -
Eudora Lite V1.5.4
Please do not short the output or severe damage will be caused to the fuse.
         (On a Sony power supply leaflet!)

Mon, 09 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. command completion doesn't last long enough to read

2. Problem with ActiveX DLL and modules (Long text, I need to explain a lot)

3. Word won't let go of Excel?

4. Data Control Won't Let Go...

5. Make VB let go of Excel?

6. HScroll in User Control wont let go

7. Focus Won't Let Go (VB4.0)

8. Letting go of a DLL ?

9. HELP - Graphics Server Not Letting Go!!

10. Run does not let go Word

11. VB Won't Let Go

12. Please release me, let me go....