Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)
Author Message
 Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)

Hello
I'm writing an app that allows user to add a .jpg or .bmp image from a
Dir1/File1 list. One .jpg file is causing a fatal error: Runtime Error 50003
'Unexpected Error'. The error occurs on the loadpicture statement, and the IDE
stops on that statement. The documentation says this means it could be a
hardware problem, which I assume to mean that the .jpg is corrupt. I tried On
Error Goto and On Error Resume Next... neither can stop the fatality (and the
futility).

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know how to work around this?

Thanks for your time,
HMdesigner

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:17:21 GMT
 Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)
Go to
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/

and look under errors(Wininet).  Possible answer.

Malcolm

Quote:
> Hello
> I'm writing an app that allows user to add a .jpg or .bmp image from a
> Dir1/File1 list. One .jpg file is causing a fatal error: Runtime Error
50003
> 'Unexpected Error'. The error occurs on the loadpicture statement, and the
IDE
> stops on that statement. The documentation says this means it could be a
> hardware problem, which I assume to mean that the .jpg is corrupt. I tried
On
> Error Goto and On Error Resume Next... neither can stop the fatality (and
the
> futility).

> Anyone seen this before? Anyone know how to work around this?

> Thanks for your time,
> HMdesigner

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 06:26:48 GMT
 Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)

Quote:
>Go to
>http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/

>and look under errors(Wininet).  Possible answer.

>Malcolm

Malcolm, thanks for the suggestion. They did have a little paragraph about it,
regarding the problem but with .gif files. Also the MS white paper says the
problem was corrected in VB6, and anyway, I should be able to use an error
handler to correct it.

Since neither of these things is true, I've sent a bug report off to microsoft.
Thanks for your help.

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:13:53 GMT
 Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)
Well, this is interesting. The problem I described, a corrupt picture image
creating a fatal error 50003... well, it turns out it only happens in the VB
IDE. As a compiled .exe, the error is not fatal all. Doesn't even cause a blip.

So there's the answer.
HMdesigner

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 04:26:52 GMT

1. 50003 Unexpected error, totaly unexpected, but why?

2. Error 50003 Unexpected error ??????????

3. Run-time error '50003' Unexpected Error

4. Run-time error '50003': Unexpected error

5. Winsock Error: 50003 Unexpected Error

6. Unexpected error - 50003

7. Help! Unexpected Error 50003

8. Unexpected Error 50003, need help and wait online!!!

9. Unexpected Error '50003'

10. unexpected error 50003

11. Unexpected error 50003 - Any ideas?

12. Unexpected Error 50003