Add fields to an Access 2000 Table on the fly using ADO 2.1
Author Message
 Add fields to an Access 2000 Table on the fly using ADO 2.1

Does anyone know whether it is possible / how you append a field to an Access 2000 database on the fly using VB6 ?

It is possible using DAO, but I keep on getting the error message:

 3219      The operation requested by the application is not allowed in this context.

when using the fields.append method using ADO 2.1

Thanks

Peter Greenway

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:04:02 GMT
 Add fields to an Access 2000 Table on the fly using ADO 2.1

This is one way:

Dim strSQL as String

  strSQL = "ALTER TABLE theTable ADD COLUMN columnName Text(62);"
  yourConnectionName.Execute strSQL

Naturally you'll use your own names and datatypes.

Al

Quote:

>Does anyone know whether it is possible / how you append a field to an =
>Access 2000 database on the fly using VB6 ?

>It is possible using DAO, but I keep on getting the error message:

> 3219      The operation requested by the application is not allowed in =
>this context.

>when using the fields.append method using ADO 2.1

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 06:49:08 GMT

1. Performance issue - Access 2000 using VB6 and ADO 2.1 with SQL

2. VB6, ADO 2.1 and MSDE (Access 2000)

3. Problem opening recordset for update ADO 2.1/Jet 4.0/Access 2000 stored proc

4. Problem opening recordset for update ADO 2.1/Jet 4.0/Access 2000 stored proc

5. Problem writing to Access 97 DB with ADO 1.5 and 2.1 (using ODBC)

6. ADO Date Fields (ADO 2.1, VB 6, Oracle 8)

7. Link FoxPro Table in Access 2000 using ADO

8. Create Dynamic Table in Access 2000 using ADO

9. Modify Access 2000 table structure using ADO in VB6

10. Access 97 vs 2000 + MDAC 2.1 SP2 vs 2.5

11. ADO HELP required in ASP for adding fields to an Access table

12. Adding a field to an Access table with ADO