how to update base table in Access 97
Author Message
 how to update base table in Access 97

I am doing a project in VB5 with Access 97 (using DAO).I display the
result of the join of two tables in a dbgrid using data control.The
recordset resulting from the join query does not have the primary key of
both the base tables(I use the primary key of the two tables for my join
i.e.base table1.primarykey=basetable2.primarykey is my join condition).At
run time when I add ,delete or edit records in the dbgrid I want the
changes to be reflected in one base table and no changes should occur in
the other base table.How do I do this ?

Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to update base table in Access 97
What is shown in the dbGrid is what is known as a view. You are
effectively looking at the resultset after a make-table query.

In order to manipulate rows in the way you want, you will need to find a
method which pics up a record from your dbgrid to act as a foreign key
in your 'base' table. Then simply delete is using a SQl delete.

Hope this helps.

RdH

writes

Quote:

--
RdH
"Dont say 'Ooooppssss', say 'interesting'"

Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Date Conversion while updating a table (Access 97 )

2. Access 97 updating Table w/Unique ID

3. Updating linked table info in Access 97 database

4. HELP::Updating a record in an Access 97 Table

5. +++ New Access 97 Jet Update - Bug Updates

6. Update table based on data in another table

7. vba code to copy table from access 97 to excel 97

8. Saving a Word 97 Document in a Access 97 table

9. Can you pass a table to Word 97 from Access 97

10. Import from Excel 97 to Access 97 table

11. INSERT INTO from SQL Server table into Access 97 table

12. Access 97 - Subform access triggers update for Main Form