Win 3.1, Win 95, VB3 and Setup !!!
Author Message
 Win 3.1, Win 95, VB3 and Setup !!!

The developpers, in my little company, are using Visual Basic 3.0 and Win
3.1.
Personally, I'm using Win 95. When I try to install their products twice on
my computer, I get an error.

During the first installation, everithing seems perfect. But, if I delete
this little application, and if I try to install a second time the
application by running setup.exe, I directly receive the message :
        Error - Could not execute : C:\windows\||.exe

One solution is to reboot the computer and rename the ver.dll ver.old,
launch the setup and rename ver.old to ver.dll. It could be a trick for me
but it's not user friendly for our client.

What's the problem ?
And what should be the solution ?

        Thanks.

        Pierre Hilson.

Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB3 program OK in WIn 3.1 but not in WIN 95

2. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

3. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

4. Sound differences between Win 3.1 and Win 95

5. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

6. Setup for Win 3.1x and Win 95

7. MS stance on setup wiz problem (VB 3.0 /Win 95 distrib to earlier Wins)

8. VB3:Properties change when created in Win 3.11 and transferred to Win 95

9. VB3 - Win 95 - Setup Wizard

10. VB3 setup/Win 95 problem

11. Seeking Help on VB3's Setup Wizard under Win 95

12. Colors in Win 3.1 and 95...