Progress bar... how?
Author Message
 Progress bar... how?

Dear all, I'm using my program to download a file, but how do I show the
progress and the bytes downloaded so far using a progress bar? Is there a
way to check that? It's the Internet Control openURL method I'm using to
download an exe file. It's about 600KB, and would like to show the download
progress.

Please help...

Thanks,
            Jules

***24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?***

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Progress bar... how?

Quote:

>Dear all, I'm using my program to download a file, but how do I show the
>progress and the bytes downloaded so far using a progress bar? Is there a
>way to check that? It's the Internet Control openURL method I'm using to
>download an exe file. It's about 600KB, and would like to show the download
>progress.

If you're not stuck with Microsoft's control, then take a look at the
FTP control that we include with SocketTools. We have a Progress event
that fires during the transfer that you can use to update the progress
bar (information about the file size and transfer byte count is
provided to you). If you're interested, you can download an evaluation
copy of the package from our site at http://www.catalyst.com.

David

----

Catalyst Development Corporation          Web:   http://www.catalyst.com

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Progress bar... how?
I've got a free progress bar you that I created.  It's not as powerful as
the one they're talking about, but it's free, and it has a higher resolution
that Microsoft's piece of . . . uh, trash.  As for showing progress for a
file transfer, it should be fairly simple as long as you know how large the
file is you're downloading.  Just set the progress bar maximum value to the
size of the file and update the value of the bar with number of bytes
currently downloaded.  If you don't know the size of the file you're
downloading, the I don't know either.

Anyway . . .

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Progress bar... how?
Thanks Scott, but how do I find out the number of bytes downloaded so far
via Internet transfer control?

Cheers,
            Jules

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Progress bar... how?
I find it best to use the .Execute method rather than the .OpenURL method.
Check it out in the MSDN Library. If you email me I can send the source I
use.

Jason

Quote:
> Thanks Scott, but how do I find out the number of bytes downloaded so far
> via Internet transfer control?

> Cheers,
>             Jules

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Loading Progress Form with Progress Bar

2. How do I display a progress bar showing progress for database replication

3. How do I display a progress bar showing progress for database replication

4. Progress bar measuring FileCopy progress

5. Status Bar/Progress Bar

6. Progress bar in status bar for .NET

7. Progress Bar in Status Bar

8. Progress bar on a status bar

9. Progress bar in a status bar

10. Progress bar in a Status bar panel?

11. Progress bar in a status bar

12. Resizing a Progress Bar in the Status Bar