VB5 - EXE won't unload
Author Message
 VB5 - EXE won't unload

Hey there -

Has anyone got any ideas on why an EXE compiled in VB5 will not end process
after the application is ended on a Form_Unload event using an End
statement? I seem to remember something {*filter*} about using the End statement
from my MCP studies (i.e. it can produce some undesirable effects).

More info:
Form that ends the app is displayed as modeless and is not an MDI Form.
Lingering EXE only occurs when using the Close button - not when using my
app's File/Exit menu option.
Platform is NT4.0 (SP3).

Any help is appreciated -

Brian

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 - EXE won't unload

Quote:
>Lingering EXE only occurs when using the Close button - not when using my
>app's File/Exit menu option.

Then you should execute the same cleanup procedure, both in the File/Exit menu,
and in the Form_Unload (or Form_QueryUnload) event. Your File/Exit should
simply Unload the main form, and the Unload event(s) contain the cleanup code.

DoDi

Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX EXE won't unload

2. dbebgine.compactdatabase won't compile into an exe in vb5

3. Printer won't print unless I unload userform

4. App won't unload

5. Control Box won't unload form!

6. Terminate event won't fire after Unload

7. Form won't unload and repaint background properly

8. Control won't unload

9. Command Button Won't Disapeer when using unload statement

10. Databound Forms won't unload

11. Another Form won't Unload!!!

12. Form won't Unload