Nobody knows how to use ExtractAssociatedIcon ??!!
Author Message
 Nobody knows how to use ExtractAssociatedIcon ??!!

Hi,
This is my 3:rd attempt on getting any help with the above API instruction.
Am I posting in the wrong group...? Would very much appriciate an answer...
Thanks,

//Pontus.

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Nobody knows how to use ExtractAssociatedIcon ??!!

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Nobody knows how to use ExtractAssociatedIcon ??!!
In a code module:

Declare Function ExtractAssociatedIcon Lib "shell32.dll" Alias
"ExtractAssociateIconA" (ByVal hInst As Long, ByVal lpIconPath As String,
lpiIcon As Long) As Long

Example function:

Function GetIconHandle(strPathFile as String) as Long

Dim lngIndex as Long

    lngIndex = 0

    GetIconHandle = ExtractIcon(App.hInstance, strPathFile, intIndex)

End Function

That should get you a handle to the proper icon.

Steve

Quote:
> Hi,
> This is my 3:rd attempt on getting any help with the above API
instruction.
> Am I posting in the wrong group...? Would very much appriciate an
answer...
> Thanks,

> //Pontus.

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Nobody knows how to use ExtractAssociatedIcon ??!!
Oops!

[snip]

Replace:
    GetIconHandle = ExtractIcon(App.hInstance, strPathFile, intIndex)

with:
    GetIconHandle = ExtractAssociatedIcon(App.hInstance, strPathFile,
intIndex)

Sorry about that!

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. nobody knows or nobody cares or nobody sees...

2. Nobody knows this one!

3. ??? Nobody KNOWs how To Do This ???

4. A stupid question or nobody know how

5. ...but NOBODY Known EPOCH?

6. Nobody knows where a .lnk points to?

7. Can be possible that nobody know this?

8. does nobody know how to date-checki folders?

9. ??? Nobody KNOWs how To Do This ???

10. Nobody knows???

11. Nobody knows??

12. IF NOBODY KNOWS, WHTA'S THE USE !!!!