Tip - Using TAB to indent several lines
Author Message
 Tip - Using TAB to indent several lines

I just accidently ran across this feature of VB3.  If you highlight several
lines of code, when you press TAB, it indents each line respectively.
So that with one push of TAB

line 1 of code
        line 2 of code
line 3 of code

Becomes

        line 1 of code
                line 2 of code
        line 3 of code

Try it and see what I mean.

--
Ray Geide
Super Win Software

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tip - Using TAB to indent several lines

GMT):

Quote:
>I just accidently ran across this feature of VB3.  If you highlight several

Biy, you must have had a hard time while not knowing this
feature... to me it seems to be one of the most important
ones in the IDE..

Mathias

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tip - Using TAB to indent several lines

Accidents are sometimes more rewarding then reading the docs.

~ Daniel ~

Quote:

> >I just accidently ran across this feature of VB3.  If you highlight several
> >lines of code, when you press TAB, it indents each line respectively.
> >So that with one push of TAB

> SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

> Another pleasant "news" is that Shift+Tab 'untabs' the selected lines.
> My question is: how accidental ranning across is better than reading
> the docs?
> Thanx.

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tip - Using TAB to indent several lines

Quote:
>I just accidently ran across this feature of VB3.  If you highlight several
>lines of code, when you press TAB, it indents each line respectively.
>So that with one push of TAB

>line 1 of code
>    line 2 of code
>line 3 of code

>Becomes

>    line 1 of code
>            line 2 of code
>    line 3 of code

>Try it and see what I mean.

>--
>Ray Geide
>Super Win Software
>Producers of Super WinBook, HTML Notepad, and Rescue 95
>Rescue 95 backs up and restores the Registry of Windows 95
>http://members.aol.com/evanetten/

SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

Another pleasant "news" is that Shift+Tab 'untabs' the selected lines.
My question is: how accidental ranning across is better than reading
the docs?
Thanx.

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tip - Using TAB to indent several lines

Once upon a time, in the land of comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, Daniel
eloquently composed:

Quote:
>Accidents are sometimes more rewarding then reading the docs.

From someones sig:
Features should be discovered, not documented.

--

http://www.sn.no/~balchen/igloo/

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

Thu, 09 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tip - Using TAB to indent several lines

Just don't get in the habit of Tab'ing selected text all the time.  Some
apps, like MS WORD, will REPLACE your selected text with the TAB
character if you press tab...

Quote:

>>I just accidently ran across this feature of VB3.  If you highlight
several
>>lines of code, when you press TAB, it indents each line respectively.
>>So that with one push of TAB

>>line 1 of code
>>       line 2 of code
>>line 3 of code

>>Becomes

>>       line 1 of code
>>               line 2 of code
>>       line 3 of code

>>Try it and see what I mean.

>>--
>>Ray Geide
>>Super Win Software
>>Producers of Super WinBook, HTML Notepad, and Rescue 95
>>Rescue 95 backs up and restores the Registry of Windows 95
>>http://members.aol.com/evanetten/

>SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

>Another pleasant "news" is that Shift+Tab 'untabs' the selected lines.
>My question is: how accidental ranning across is better than reading
>the docs?
>Thanx.

Thu, 09 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. RTB - auto indent to match the tab stop of the line above

2. resetting default first line indent, hanging indent

3. Multi-line Icon Tray Tool Tips using VB

4. HELP - Manually Place Long Lines of Code over Several Lines in Code Window

5. How to split a VBscript instruction line into several lines

6. indents and tabs?

7. Make Rich Text Box indent when tab is hit, not change control

8. Paragraph first line indent

9. Rich Text Box - First line indent

10. Indented Line

11. Richtextbox: How can I indent the second line upto the end of the paragraph

12. indent text when line wraps