EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt
Author Message
 EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt

I recently discovered the EM_AUTOURLDETECT message, except that I can't find
the declaration for it anywhere, and it isn't listed in my copy of
win32api.txt. I'm using win98, so I have ver 3.0 of the rich text control..

Does anyone know the declaration for EM_AUTOURLDETECT, or a location for
obtaining an updated win32api.txt?
MSDN had a link for obtaining an updated copy of it, but the link didn't
work.

Thanks!

--
Brian

Remove .ihatespam to respond via email

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt

Quote:
>Does anyone know the declaration for EM_AUTOURLDETECT, or a location for
>obtaining an updated win32api.txt?

Brian,

Const WM_USER = &H400
Const EM_AUTOURLDETECT =        (WM_USER + 91)

Mattias

Mattias "BeeZo" Sj?gren    Visual Basic f?r Alla

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt
Thanks for the info.. I've put together some code, which doesn't seem to
work.. SendMessage returns 0, but nothing gets highlighted..

Public Const WM_USER = &H400
Public Const EM_AUTOURLDETECT = (WM_USER + 91)

Public Function bHyperlink_Enable(ctl As RichTextBox) As Boolean

Dim hWnd As Long, lRet As Long

hWnd = ctl.hWnd
lRet = SendMessage(hWnd, EM_AUTOURLDETECT, 1, 0)
If lRet <> 0 Then
  bHyperlink_Enable = False
Else
  bHyperlink_Enable = True
End If
End Function

Am i missing something?

Thanks

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt
Brian,

Quote:
>lRet = SendMessage(hWnd, EM_AUTOURLDETECT, 1, 0)

If you are using the Sendmessage declare found in API Viewer it sould
be

lRet = SendMessage(hwnd, EM_AUTOURLDETECT, 1, ByVal 0)

Change that and it should work great  :-)

Mattias

Mattias "BeeZo" Sj?gren    Visual Basic f?r Alla

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt
Brian...

Quote:
> Thanks for the info.. I've put together some code, which doesn't seem to
> work.. SendMessage returns 0, but nothing gets highlighted..

> Am i missing something?

If you're using the VB RichTextBox control then you're only using RichEdit
1.0, which doesn't support this message.

--
Ben Baird, MVP
Visual Basic Thunder

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt
Thanks for the information.

Brian

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt
Ben,

Quote:
>If you're using the VB RichTextBox control then you're only using RichEdit
>1.0, which doesn't support this message.

That's only true for VB5 right?  I tried his code (modified to use
ByVal on lParam) on the VB6 RichText Box and that worked great.

Mattias

Mattias "BeeZo" Sj?gren    Visual Basic f?r Alla

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt
Mattias...

Quote:
> >If you're using the VB RichTextBox control then you're only using
RichEdit
> >1.0, which doesn't support this message.

> That's only true for VB5 right?  I tried his code (modified to use
> ByVal on lParam) on the VB6 RichText Box and that worked great.

The VB6 RTB probably uses the RichEdit 2.0 control, so yes, it should work
in VB6 when you pass lParam ByVal.

--
Ben Baird, MVP
Visual Basic Thunder

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. EM_AUTOURLDETECT and/or updated win32api.txt

2. Updated Win32API.txt ??????????????

3. Does MS put out update to the WIN32API.TXT file

4. Update for Win32API.txt

5. win32api.txt update

6. Updated win32API.txt available

7. Updated win32api.txt?

8. updated Win32API.txt

9. win32api.mdb and win32api.txt and viewers like you

10. Lost and found: Office XP Developer copy of win32api.txt

11. Win32API.txt is worthless

12. win32api.txt