Music ID from an Audio CD
Author Message
 Music ID from an Audio CD

Everyone,

It is my understanding that Audio CDs have some sort of ID used in
identifying the CD.  This ID is used in programs such as Microsoft's
Deluxe CD player and others.  Can anyone tell me how to obtain this ID
from a CD?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Music ID from an Audio CD

Quote:

>Everyone,

>It is my understanding that Audio CDs have some sort of ID used in
>identifying the CD.  This ID is used in programs such as Microsoft's
>Deluxe CD player and others.  Can anyone tell me how to obtain this ID
>from a CD?

>I would greatly appreciate it.

>Thanks in advance,

>Jim

The ID you refer to is generated by software, not read from the CD.
Different systems use different methods (and get different IDs).

The one MS uses (generates) can be seen from the DOS prompt with the
DIR command.  That ID can be obtained (generated) from within VB5 with
"GetVolumeInformation".  Convert the serial number that is returned to
hex.

--
Wolfgang John    - AM-WOLJO Shareware -

 - Phone Dialer and Logger - CD Player and Library - Win3.x / Win95 / NT
- CD Player imports data from GIANT internet library -
- FREE programmable 6 cities/countries world clock -
- NO BANNERS -

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with saving music from audio CD as data

2. Getting Music CD id

3. Unique ID of Music CD

4. Getting audio cd id

5. Really Unique Audio CD IDs

6. HELP: Getting unique ID for Audio CD's

7. Calculating cd audio id for CDPlayer

8. .Re: Calculating cd audio id for C

9. Audio CD id number

10. CD Audio Disk ID Help