Directly invoking a Windows program from VB program
Author Message
 Directly invoking a Windows program from VB program

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there is a way to start
up a Windows program (e.g., Excel) from a VB program
without going through the shell command?

Thank you,
Cindy Bandel

The Aerospace Corporation

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directly invoking a Windows program from VB program

There is a lot of means :

the vb command "shell"
the API ShellExecute
the API ShellExecuteEx
or the API CreateProcess

ShellExecute is very interesting because it can open every thing. You can
use
SehllExecute with a shortcut to open an Excel document for example.

                                Philippe.

Quote:

> Hi,

> Could anyone tell me if there is a way to start
> up a Windows program (e.g., Excel) from a VB program
> without going through the shell command?

> Thank you,
> Cindy Bandel

> The Aerospace Corporation

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need help on programming TCP/IP with VB directly into the program

2. running compiled VB program directly from a CD

3. How to use VBS code in VB program directly

4. installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000

5. HOW TO RESTART WINDOWS OR EXIT WINDOWS IN MY VB PROGRAM

6. Launching Windows Program from DOS Program

7. Converting a DOS program to a WINDOWS program

8. How to launch a VB program off the back of a non VB program

9. Converting 32bit VB programs to 16 bit VB programs

10. calling a VB program from another VB program

11. Calling A VB Program From another VB Program

12. Accessing VB DOS ISAM files in a VB for Windows program