bug sending text to printer via printer object
Author Message
 bug sending text to printer via printer object

I have a problem when sending text to a printer from within
VB, through the printer object.

I am programming in VB 4.0 in Windows 95.
My program generates a text stirng, then sends it to
the default printer.
My problem is this -
the text on the second an sebsequent pages is printed as
black on a grey background, as opposed to normal, black on plain
paper printing.
I have tried this on more than one printer type.
Setting the various flags of the printer object seems to have
no effect.
Neither does explicitly providing for page breaks in the
correct places.
The printers in question take postscript BTW.

Is this a VB bug? Is it a postscript bug? DO I need to give
the printer object specific instructions?
Any help would be appreciated.
Donnla.

--
Donnla Nic Gearailt             Departmental Librarian and Programmer,

phone: +353-1-6081877           Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.
My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. printer control object - cannot send Esc character to printer

2. Help, How to send printer command to printer bypassing printer driver in vb

3. PROBLEM: Adding a printer via API, then creating a printer Share via API (source included)

4. how to send printer commands to a printer

5. Sending Printer Commands to Printer using QBASIC

6. Need to send a command directly to printer (Eltron Card Printer)

7. Sending Printer control Codes to printer

8. VB4 Printer Object Bugs

9. VB 5 Printer Object Bug!

10. Printer Object Error(Bug??)!

11. VB4 Printer object bug workaround