Parallel or serial port control (direct)
Author Message
 Parallel or serial port control (direct)

Hello everybody,

I want to have possibility to check if there is something on my serial
or parallel port, to see if a certain bit is high or not ( meaning ..
eg. DTR high or someting similar on the parallel port)
I dont have any clues and any help would be mostly appreciated.
Is this possible in VB or do I have to recur to C (which I don't have
right now)

Thanks
Jan

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Parallel or serial port control (direct)

Hello everybody,

I want to have possibility to check if there is something on my serial
or parallel port, to see if a certain bit is high or not ( meaning ..
eg. DTR high or someting similar on the parallel port)
I dont have any clues and any help would be mostly appreciated.
Is this possible in VB or do I have to recur to C (which I don't have
right now)

Thanks
Jan

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Parallel or serial port control (direct)

        You should be able to use MSComm, or if you need more robust capabilities
look at the Win32 Comm API functions. You can do pretty much anything with
them.

                                                Matt

--
Legal Warning:
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer / modem / printer meets

Quote:
> Hello everybody,

> I want to have possibility to check if there is something on my serial
> or parallel port, to see if a certain bit is high or not ( meaning ..
> eg. DTR high or someting similar on the parallel port)
> I dont have any clues and any help would be mostly appreciated.
> Is this possible in VB or do I have to recur to C (which I don't have
> right now)

> Thanks
> Jan

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Parallel or serial port control (direct)

Jacques,

as far as the serial port is concerned you should be able to use mscomm
control to verify the presence of connected hardware. If you need to look
directly to the parallel port you can get a 16bit dll and 32 bit ocx from
our web site to allow you to do this.

HTTP://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jan_vbdb_site/

select the code ideas link then the io link

Regards
--
Nick Sharp
JANsoft LTD

Get PR-Tracker -- tracks problem reports, defects, bugs
INFORMATION:  http://www.prtracker.com/info.html
DOWNLOAD:     http://www.prtracker.com/download.html

Quote:
> Hello everybody,

> I want to have possibility to check if there is something on my serial
> or parallel port, to see if a certain bit is high or not ( meaning ..
> eg. DTR high or someting similar on the parallel port)
> I dont have any clues and any help would be mostly appreciated.
> Is this possible in VB or do I have to recur to C (which I don't have
> right now)

> Thanks
> Jan

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Parallel or serial port control (direct)

Quote:
>I want to have possibility to check if there is something on my serial
>or parallel port, to see if a certain bit is high or not ( meaning ..
>eg. DTR high or someting similar on the parallel port)
>I dont have any clues and any help would be mostly appreciated.
>Is this possible in VB or do I have to recur to C (which I don't have
>right now)

For the parallel port side of things, I have a free DLL on my home
page that you can use.  http://www.okanagan.net/users/fred

-Fred Bulback

Fri, 28 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

2. Serial port/parallel port

3. Serial port/Parallel port

4. Can VB control the parallel or serial ports?

5. How to send byte direct to parallel port ?

6. Direct Access to Parallel Port or Via Driver

7. Direct Access to the parallel port ?

8. Direct parallel port access...?!?

9. Writing direct to parallel port

10. Direct I/O through the Parallel port....help

11. Sending codes direct to the parallel port

12. Direct Parallel Port Access....