serial printer on serial port
Author Message
 serial printer on serial port

Hi!
My names is Zoran, and I hope someone can help me.
I have one old C program, and its function is to send data to the serial
port, on which is connected serial printer
OLIVETTI PR50. It works just fine on DOS, but I want now under WIN95 or
WIN98 to write VisalBasic program with the
same functionallity. I found a control MSComm, and it seams to me that it
could have something to do with my wishes. Old C program is using interrupts
to communicate with serial port and escape sequences to communicate with
printer. I tried to find some WINAPI's but i failed.
Can you tell me somethig about it or can you tell me who can help me!
Adios! Bok! Zdravo!

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 serial printer on serial port
You can use the Win32 APIs or MSComm to accomplish your task.

With the MSComm control - I hope you are using VB4 or greater? - you can use
the OnComm provided by MSComm.  This is just like and interrupt and can be
used for transmits and receives.  Your OnComm event handler will contain a
select list containing receive events, send events, overflow events, etc.

Look at the VBTerm example provided by Vb4 or greater professional edition.
This has an example of how to use the OnComm event handler.  I have used it
extensively.  So, if you have any more questions feel free to contact me.

Demir Ateser

Quote:

>Hi!
>My names is Zoran, and I hope someone can help me.
>I have one old C program, and its function is to send data to the serial
>port, on which is connected serial printer
>OLIVETTI PR50. It works just fine on DOS, but I want now under WIN95 or
>WIN98 to write VisalBasic program with the
>same functionallity. I found a control MSComm, and it seams to me that it
>could have something to do with my wishes. Old C program is using
interrupts
>to communicate with serial port and escape sequences to communicate with
>printer. I tried to find some WINAPI's but i failed.
>Can you tell me somethig about it or can you tell me who can help me!
>Adios! Bok! Zdravo!

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 serial printer on serial port
You can attach the printer as a printer if you have a W95/98 priunt driver
then use VBs print commands. If not yes you can use MSComm to open a port
and send it raw printer code via this control.

Quote:
>Hi!
>My names is Zoran, and I hope someone can help me.
>I have one old C program, and its function is to send data to the serial
>port, on which is connected serial printer
>OLIVETTI PR50. It works just fine on DOS, but I want now under WIN95 or
>WIN98 to write VisalBasic program with the
>same functionallity. I found a control MSComm, and it seams to me that it
>could have something to do with my wishes. Old C program is using
interrupts
>to communicate with serial port and escape sequences to communicate with
>printer. I tried to find some WINAPI's but i failed.
>Can you tell me somethig about it or can you tell me who can help me!
>Adios! Bok! Zdravo!

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. serial printer on serial port

2. printing and talking with a serial pos printer, changing the port of a printer

3. qb45 and SERIAL strange SERIAL port protocol

4. serial data on printer port

5. Serial/Printer port communication (VB5 Ent)

6. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

7. Future of Serial Ports vs USB Ports

8. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

9. Serial port/parallel port

10. Serial port/Parallel port

11. Printing to COM serial Printer without using Printer Control

12. Date to Serial/Serial to Date functions