java in vis basic
Author Message
 java in vis basic

does anyone know anything about using java code in a Visual Basic
program? can it be done? can a instantiate a class from a .class file?

any help would be appreciated

david

return of the mega .msg
         when a man lies, he {*filter*}s some part of the world
      these are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
            all this, i cannot bear to witness any longer
           cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home?

        i have fallen from grace, and my ashes are scattered
                     no longer a passion in flesh
       my flame is alive, though my wings have been shattered
                    they've layed my body to rest.

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 java in vis basic

Quote:

>does anyone know anything about using java code in a visual basic
>program? can it be done? can a instantiate a class from a .class file?

Microsoft's implementation of the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) provides
two-way interaction between COM objects (what Visual Basic creates and uses)
and Java classes.

See the following excellent white-paper:

  http://www.microsoft.com/java/sdk/32/wpapers/java_com.htm

-- Rick

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. RESUME: Vis Basic, Vis C++, SDK developer

2. Access 2000 VBA Handbook vis a vis Access 97 VBA Handbook

3. Office vis a vis .NET 2002 and .NET 2003

4. Declare vis a vis ActiveX DLL

5. ChrW vis a vis Chr and portability in VB/VBA

6. VB 6 vis a vis MSDN Library

7. Declare vis a vis reference

8. VB6 DAO Data Control vis-a-vis Access 2000 database

9. What does Vis.Basic vs QBasic?

10. vis basic

11. Vis Basic for searching a web database

12. HELP! WITH VIS BASIC IN ACCESS