Just got VB5, I have a question about the VB5 MDI Interface
Author Message
 Just got VB5, I have a question about the VB5 MDI Interface

Hi there,

Last week I've upgraded from VB4 to VB5. I really like the new
MDI-interface, but I do have a question about it, and I can't find the
answer in the help-files or in Books Online.

I've upgraded a VB4 project with multiple forms.
When I double-click on a form in the Project Explorer, VB shows the form.
In VB4, if you wanted to hide this form again in Design Mode, you could just
click on the X-button of the form. In VB5 that doesn't work anymore (in MDI
it doesn't, in SDI it does).

So my question is:
How to hide the form in Design Mode, after you have double-clicked it in the
Project Explorer?

Yeah, I know it's a stupid question, but at the moment I'm using the
SDI-interface, because I don't know the answer!

I've you would like to reply, please mail me, my news-server isn't very
reliable. Thanks!

W. van der Berg.

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Just got VB5, I have a question about the VB5 MDI Interface

Willem,
    In the MDI mode, you still press the X, just not the VB 5.0 X, but the
form X.  You could also, hit the minimize button, then hit the maximize the
button the redisplay the form.
Hope this helps
Mark

Quote:
>Hi there,

>Last week I've upgraded from VB4 to VB5. I really like the new
>MDI-interface, but I do have a question about it, and I can't find the
>answer in the help-files or in Books Online.

>I've upgraded a VB4 project with multiple forms.
>When I double-click on a form in the Project Explorer, VB shows the form.
>In VB4, if you wanted to hide this form again in Design Mode, you could
just
>click on the X-button of the form. In VB5 that doesn't work anymore (in MDI
>it doesn't, in SDI it does).

>So my question is:
>How to hide the form in Design Mode, after you have double-clicked it in
the
>Project Explorer?

>Yeah, I know it's a stupid question, but at the moment I'm using the
>SDI-interface, because I don't know the answer!

>I've you would like to reply, please mail me, my news-server isn't very
>reliable. Thanks!

>W. van der Berg.

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Just got VB5, I have a question about the VB5 MDI Interface

Quote:

>Date: Wed, Mar 11, 1998 11:30 EST

>You really suck.

>You are a moronic toad.

>Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!

>You have passed your sell-by date!

>Your parents met on a petri dish!

>Your face is your fortune, and boy are you BROKE!!!

>You are a BAD BAD BAD PROGRAMMER!!!
>I bet you comment your mistakes!!!
>And use MICROSOFT's NAMING CONVENTIONS!!!  HAHAHAHA!
>And BOY, DO YOU SMELL!!!

Someone please euthanize this poor soul.

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MDI, split screen and new VB5 interface

2. Stupid question about VB5 Interface

3. Question about interfacing DLLs with VB5/VBA5

4. VB5 Implements WithEvents Multiple Interfaces Question

5. VB5, MDI Child and popup Menu question

6. VB5 Quick question.. A Dll with MDI form

7. Withdraw question - Getting a .dll event to work in VB5

8. Having MDI form with MDI Child form in DLL

9. Having a problem with VB5

10. MDI Interface questions.

11. New user to VB5 having trouble with data controll

12. vb5 i am having problems with lost variables