Writing to stdout/DOS window from VB DOS exe
Author Message
 Writing to stdout/DOS window from VB DOS exe

I am writing a small logging program which for various other reasons
must be written using VB.  I can do most of the things I want (Win32 API, DB
Access, general disk file IO), but not one of the most simple things -
writing output into the DOS prompt window which is being used to run
the EXE.

I assume I am missing something obvious - how do I write to
standard output (the DOS window)?  (Having done that I may then want to
redirect using > in a .BAT script)

Cheers

Michael

Could you please CC me by email on response if poss, thanks

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing to stdout/DOS window from VB DOS exe

Hello Michael,

Quote:
>From your question, it is not very clear, as the DOS window is the program you

are running from, or a saperate windows from your VB program. Anyway, I assume
it is a saperate program, if in this case please check out the Windows way of
"cut/copy/paste" via CLIPBOARD, this is the correct way to send data from one
windows app to dos windows screen. Just forget about the conventional
stdio/stderr/stdin .....:-)

Regards
K.L. Kok

Quote:

> I am writing a small logging program which for various other reasons
> must be written using VB.  I can do most of the things I want (Win32 API, DB
> Access, general disk file IO), but not one of the most simple things -
> writing output into the DOS prompt window which is being used to run
> the EXE.

> I assume I am missing something obvious - how do I write to
> standard output (the DOS window)?  (Having done that I may then want to
> redirect using > in a .BAT script)

> Cheers

> Michael

> Could you please CC me by email on response if poss, thanks

Tue, 25 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NetBios/Dos Windows/Dos EXE properties

2. pipe MS-DOS stdout into VB.Net ?

3. DOS STDOUT into VB App??

4. DOS or Windows DOS-box?

5. VBDOS Basic DOS using Timer in Windows DOS box

6. VBDOS Basic DOS using Timer in Windows DOS box

7. Help: hiding a DOS window when executing a DOS batch file

8. question on hiding a DOS window when executing a DOS batch file

9. Dos command without opening DOS-PROMPT window ??

10. How To Capture Dos Output Without Opening Dos Window

11. Using Dos commands without dos window

12. Write to DOS Window (WriteConsole API)?