Anyone seen this error: File/Path access error.
Author Message
 Anyone seen this error: File/Path access error.

        I can't find reference to that error anywhere.  This error occurs on any
simple OPEN statement, whether I am opening a file for binary, sequential, or
random output or input.
        I hope someone has seen this before.  I am running Pathworks 4.1 and VB is
3.0, Prof network version.

Wed, 18 Jun 1997 02:09:54 GMT
 Anyone seen this error: File/Path access error.

Quote:

>Subject: Anyone seen this error:  File/Path access error.
>Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 18:09:54 UNDEFINED
>        I can't find reference to that error anywhere.  This error occurs on any
>simple OPEN statement, whether I am opening a file for binary, sequential, or
>random output or input.
>        I hope someone has seen this before.  I am running Pathworks 4.1 and VB
>is
>3.0, Prof network version.

Hi, I found this in the Visual Basic Help file under trappable errors, #75

During an Open, MkDir, ChDir, or RmDir operation, the operating system could not make a connection between the path and the file
name.
Make sure the file specification is formatted correctly.  A file name can contain a fully qualified or relative path.  A fully qualified path
starts with the drive name (if the path is on another drive) and lists the explicit path from the root to the file.  Any path that is not fully
qualified is relative to the current drive and directory.
This error can also occur while attempting to save a file that would replace an existing read-only file.

Hope it helps.

TTYL

Alex Black

Fri, 20 Jun 1997 03:00:51 GMT
 Anyone seen this error: File/Path access error.
Quote:

>    I can't find reference to that error anywhere.  This error occurs on any
>simple OPEN statement, whether I am opening a file for binary, sequential, or
>random output or input.
>    I hope someone has seen this before.  I am running Pathworks 4.1 and VB is
>3.0, Prof network version.

If this error occurs when you run program from VB and not exe file
you have probably  some problems
with temp or/and tmp variables, e.g. they point
to non-existatant path.
Cheers, Vitali

Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:59:00 GMT

1. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

2. Path/File access error (Error 75)

3. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

4. Run Time Error -- Path/File Access Error

5. Error 75 (Path/File access error) ???

6. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

7. Error 75 Path/File access error

8. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

9. Path/File access error (Error 75)

10. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

11. Error 75 path/file access error

12. Anyone seen R6025 error: Visual C++ pure virtual function call