using application.quit method causing problems
Author Message
 using application.quit method causing problems

Hi

I am the following code sample

    Dim objDoc As Word.Document

    Set obj = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    obj.Visible = True
    MsgBox ("looks ok")
    obj.Caption = "something"
    MsgBox ("another bit....")
    Set objDoc = obj.Documents.Add
    MsgBox "Opened a document"
    objDoc.Close
    Set objDoc = Nothing
    MsgBox "Closed a document"
    obj.Quit
    MsgBox ("managed to quit....")
    Set obj = Nothing
    MsgBox ("reached the end....")

 I have word 2000 installed, on NT4. The code sample works fine,
untill the quit method is called, at which point the word instance
generates an application error message. (referenced memory could not
be "read")

I have also tried using the close button on the word instance created,
this too causes the same application error.

 Has anyone else seen this?

Regards

Pete

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:54:25 GMT

1. Quit method causes crash called from automation

2. Excel Application isn't released from memory after Quit method called

3. Out of Memory error with Application.Quit method

4. The Webpage Fetch Method I've Been Using Has Quit Working

5. RDC method viewreport causes application to crash

6. ACC97: GPF on Application.Quit (and shutdown problem)...

7. problem quitting application

8. ADODC Refresh method causing problems with VB

9. Create IIS Application with webforms Code Behind causes Problem

10. Compatibility Problem Using MS Excel 97 VBA on Excel 2000/XP - Causes crashes

11. -2147023170 Automation error on quit method of Word object

12. Quit method call to a Word object returns ambiguous Error in VB.Net