Help: attaching Btrieve table in Access 2.0 database using VB 4.0 16-bit
Author Message
 Help: attaching Btrieve table in Access 2.0 database using VB 4.0 16-bit

Hi,

I've made a program in VB 4.0 16-bit that creates a link to a Btrieve-table
in an Access 2.0 database (an attached table). This attached table is used
for different purposes. On the develop-pc I experience no problems, but
when I install the setupset on a test-pc, error 3240 occurs while trying to
attach the Btrieve table: "Btrieve: file WBTRCALL.DLL is missing". This is
not true, because WBTRCALL.DLL does reside in the right directory
(C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM).

At last I copied every DLL (and even other files) I could find that in my
opinion had something to do with Btrieve to the SYSTEM-dir of the testpc. I
also checked out INI-settings (in WIN.INI, BTI.INI, VB.INI MSACC20.INI and
the INI-file of my program) and so on, but without result.

Can anyone help me?
Which files do I need at least to be able to use Btrieve-tables? Only
WBTRCALL.DLL and BTRV200.DLL, FILE.DDF and FIELD.DDF or also other files?

Thanks in advance,

George van der Beek
De Heer & Co. Software
Holland

Sat, 09 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: attaching Btrieve-table in Access mdb using VB 4.0 16-bit

2. MSAccess 2.0 attach table using 16-bit ODBC

3. MSAccess 2.0 attach table using 16-bit ODBC

4. VB 4.0 16 Bit, Access 2.0 Problem

5. OLE with VB 4.0 16-bit and Access 2.0

6. SECURITY: VB 4.0 16-bit and Access 2.0

7. SECURITY: VB 4.0 16-bit and Access 2.0

8. How to attach tables to a readonly Access 2.0 database using VB

9. VB 4.0 16-bit application interfacing with Access 7.0 tables

10. Accessing Paradox 4 table in VB 4.0 16 bit

11. 16-bit VB 4.0 app slow accessing linked SQL Server tables

12. Using VB 4.0 16-bit mode to interface with Access 7.0