How to pass a big array from VB5 to VC5++ DLL
Author Message
 How to pass a big array from VB5 to VC5++ DLL

Hi
I'd like to pass a an array of variant or a variant (which contains an
annry) to a vc++ dll. I use the byref keyword at the VB call and i use the
"pointer" in VC but the array is copied before being passed to the DLL. So i
can't use big array (memory overflow)
What can i do ?
Thank in advance
Stephan LOSA
Scia France

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to pass a big array from VB5 to VC5++ DLL

schreibt:

Quote:
>the array is copied before being passed to the DLL.

I think the error will NOT result from a copy operation.

Did you declare the array as SAFEARRAY in your C++ function? What if the code
in the DLL doesn't touch the array, and simply returns?

DoDi

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing large arrays to VC5.0 dll from VB5.0

2. Problème de passage de paramètres entre un prg VB5 et une DLL VC5

3. Need hint for VC5 using VB5-ActiveX-DLL

4. CreateProcess fails if in VC5 DLL and called from VB5 app

5. Passing array's from vb5 to a DLL

6. VB5: Passing Arrays to a DLL and back

7. passing vb5 arrays of strings to a vc++ 5 C dll

8. VB5 dll - passing array to help

9. VB5 dll - passing array to

10. Passing large binary arrays between VB5 and C/C++ DLLs

11. Passing Big Arrays To GRID

12. C DLL (VC5) and Bad DLL Calling Convention