Freeware-VBXs/OCXs/DLLs
Author Message
 Freeware-VBXs/OCXs/DLLs

I am setting up a page that promotes freeware-stuff. This is
_nothing_ commercial (I am a student doing this for our
all's benefit) so don't even bother to talk about shareware
(Shareware that also provides a fully working
freeware-version including unrestricted rights to use the
file(s) for whatever are of course welcome though).

I found some neat VBXs & Co on the net that are freeware.
You wouldn't guess how many there are... therefore I'm
trying to complete my list of links for freeware in this
field. I need some more files for that page!!!

So: If you have programmed a freeware-VBX, OCX or DLL please
tell me so. I will include it on my page (unless it is
absolutely waste).

If you use a cool freeware-extension, tell me so!

Please give answers on:

 - Link to file:
 - Size of Download in kB:
 - Link to WWW-page (if existant):
 - Type (VBX/OCX/DLL/ActX):
 - If DLL: 16 or 32bit:
 - Size of distributable:
 - Short Description:
 - Long description:
 - Freeware or PD:
 - If PD: Is source really included (Y/N):

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll post the link for my "to
come up"-page as soon as it exists. Posting it here will
also reach me (and others get to know before my page's up
which is a benefit).

If you don't want to post all the answers here (which I
recommend not to do for saving us traffic) I plead you to
send me the whole thing as an e-mail to

If you're a VBX & Co - author and can't get webspace for
your files: Contact me, I'll help you.

Let's combine what we know!

Mathias Schiffer, Germany
VB-FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Freeware-VBXs/OCXs/DLLs

that's myself ;-) wrote (Mon, 24 Mar 1997 22:34:28 GMT):

Quote:
>I am setting up a page that promotes freeware-stuff. This is
>_nothing_ commercial (I am a student doing this for our
>all's benefit) so don't even bother to talk about shareware
> [...]
>I'll post the link for my "to
>come up"-page as soon as it exists.

It looks like there's neither interest nor information from
you all. Therefore this page will NOT be set up. I'm sorry
to announce this, but I can't search the whole web by
myself.

I'll give it one more shot but I guess that will produce the
same Zero-input as this one did. Anyway, let's hope (and you
guys HELP collecting! Nobody answered yet, would you believe
that?! It's not that "all the others" will do it for you:
YOU need to contribute!!!).

Mathias Schiffer, Germany
VB-FAQ: http://www.rat.de/metty/bin/vb-faq.zip

Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Freeware-VBXs/OCXs/DLLs

Quote:
>It looks like there's neither interest nor information from
>you all. Therefore this page will NOT be set up. I'm sorry
>to announce this, but I can't search the whole web by
>myself.

Boy, you gave everone 3 whole days to respond before carping..  Now
that's patience...

On the constructive side, here are some addresses I have picked up
just in this session by "searching" just this meager newsgroup.

Free or nearly free stuff, descriptions appear in their respective
posts.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bananasoft
http://www.rat.de/metty/bin/vb-faq.zip
http://www.mabry.com
http://www.into.net/coolstf

not gospel, just my thoughts...

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Freeware-VBXs/OCXs/DLLs

22:29:24 GMT):

Quote:
>Boy, you gave everone 3 whole days to respond before carping..  Now
>that's patience...

I would have thought that there'd be a massive interest and
so I thought three days should be enough. _No_ answer within
these three days. I might have been wrong, let's see what
happens.

Quote:
>Free or nearly free stuff, descriptions appear in their respective
>posts.
>http://www.rat.de/metty/bin/vb-faq.zip

I find it somewhat cool to find my own link here ;-)
(Although I can't remember uploading any VBX/OCX/DLLs in
that ZIP...).

Generally (this is not meaning to offend you now) it was not
my intention to make me visit thousands of pages on the net
to search and search and search for freeware (I wouldn't
have needed to post this here for that case), do all the
work completely alone and then give its result to all the
guys who haven't been willing to cooperate. Cooperation is a
thing that combines working on two sides. And if it doesn't
work, then it doesn't. No contributors, no page. As easy as
that. Well, never mind.

Mathias Schiffer, Germany
VB-FAQ: http://www.rat.de/metty/bin/vb-faq.zip

Wed, 15 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Freeware-VBXs/OCXs/DLLs

wrote (Mon, 24 Mar 1997 22:34:28 GMT):

Quote:
>I am setting up a page that promotes freeware-stuff. This is
>_nothing_ commercial (I am a student doing this for our
>all's benefit) so don't even bother to talk about shareware
>(Shareware that also provides a fully working
>freeware-version including unrestricted rights to use the
>file(s) for whatever are of course welcome though).

The page will not come up. There will be no announcement for
the page.

YOU didn't answer, so blame yourself!

Mathias Schiffer, Germany
VB-FAQ: http://www.rat.de/metty/bin/vb-faq.zip

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Freeware-VBXs/OCXs/DLLs

Quote:

>wrote (Mon, 24 Mar 1997 22:34:28 GMT):

>>I am setting up a page that promotes freeware-stuff. This is
>>_nothing_ commercial (I am a student doing this for our
>>all's benefit) so don't even bother to talk about shareware
>>(Shareware that also provides a fully working
>>freeware-version including unrestricted rights to use the
>>file(s) for whatever are of course welcome though).

>The page will not come up. There will be no announcement for
>the page.

>YOU didn't answer, so blame yourself!

>Mathias Schiffer, Germany
>VB-FAQ: http://www.rat.de/metty/bin/vb-faq.zip

Mathias,

Just maybe..Just perhaps..PEOPLE WEREN'T INTERESTED!

Geesh! Lighten up a tad.

Wed, 29 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Freeware-VBXs/OCXs/DLLs

14:49:15 GMT):

Quote:
>Mathias,

>Just maybe..Just perhaps..PEOPLE WEREN'T INTERESTED!

>Geesh! Lighten up a tad.

Your shiftlock broke. You should call a professional to
repair it (smallminded shouldn't touch keyboards).

Mathias Schiffer, Germany
VB-FAQ: http://home.sol.no/jansh/vb/default.htm
NG-tips: http://www.rat.de/metty/vbnews

Thu, 30 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. APIs vs VBXs/OCXs

2. Win95 Registry and exes, vbxs, ocxs

3. How to get a list of used VBXs and OCXs in a project

4. Any free Winsockets VBXs and/or OCXs?

5. Need Help creating DLLs and VBXs

6. Other Compression VBXs or DLLs ie not ZIP maybe ARJ, or LZH, or others

7. Internet VBXs and DLLs?

8. Why put DLLs/VBXs in \windows\system?

9. Why put DLLs/VBXs in

10. Why put DLLs/VBXs in

11. Why put DLLs/VBXs in \windows\system?

12. EXE, OCXs and DLL